Tractor wont start, possible faulty kill switch

/ Tractor wont start, possible faulty kill switch #1  

CPermenter

Tractor
BX2670
My tractor would not start the other day, after turning the key, dashboard tach pegged out then it would not turn over. Checked the kill switch under the front left hand side of the seat. I removed the switch and it ran fine after that. The next day I was using the tractor and after killing it to talk to my neighbor, I tried to crank it and it made a click and the the rpm tachometer pegged out and stayed at max rpms but nothing else on the dash would come on. The tractor will not even try to crank. I'm sure its another kill switch but I was wondering where they all are? Can you guys point me in the right direction?

/ Tractor wont start, possible faulty kill switch #2  
Not sure about other kill switches. PTO and HST pedal probably. Are you sure you don't have a battery issue?

/ Tractor wont start, possible faulty kill switch #3  
I'm with the battery issue also. Most likely a ground. The pegging tach is a big hint for that problem.

Try taking off the negative battery cable. Then attach a battery jumper cable to the negative battery post and to a bolt on the engine. Then try to start the tractor. If it is a ground problem, the tractor should start and the contact points of the negative battery cable need to be cleaned.

On a L3650 the frame ground was permanently shifted to the engine block by using a longer battery negative cable. Never a problem after that modification.

If it is not the ground then try jumping the battery with a known good battery (in your truck or car). That should weed out the battery issue. The OEM battery usually last 6+ years.

A malfunctioning kill switch will not allow anything to happen. The tach would not have pegged. Likely, taking off the kill switch was a coincidence and the battery ground happened to make contact.

/ Tractor wont start, possible faulty kill switch #4  
Deffinately check bat voltage and grounds.

check power at the key ref to ground.. migth be a bad wire int he harness. loose connection. bad key.

find where your voltage drp is.

bat cables and ground would be my first looksee.

post back what you find