Tubing tires on BX

/ Tubing tires on BX #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
After tubing my right front tire about 6 months ago due to slow leak, I had my other front tire tubed at Les Schwab due to chronic slow leak. Cost about $25. So, just curious if many other of you BX owners have experienced the same problem? Granted I am hard on my tires as I am frequently on big slopes, most always in 4WD, and frequently a loaded bucket. Maybe these tires should be tubed in the first place?

/ Tubing tires on BX #2  
We have R4 tires on our BX2670 and have had no issues on leaks. But they give such a rough ride. Our first BX was a 2200 with turf tires. and no leaks either.

/ Tubing tires on BX #3  
This is a common problem on the BX. A search should show up a number of threads.

I tubed both fronts and haven't had a flat since. The rears are still OK as is.

/ Tubing tires on BX
This is a common problem on the BX. A search should show up a number of threads.

I tubed both fronts and haven't had a flat since. The rears are still OK as is.
Yeah I recall some chatter... curious on the rough percentage of owners that have the issue and if it is due to 4WD use, hilly terrain, or what?

/ Tubing tires on BX #5  
I have a 2001 BX2200. Both front R1 tires are tubed. Found an area near thorny apple trees or Hawthorn ( not sure ) but the needles put almost invisible pin holes in the tires. No problems after tubing and learned real quick where not to drive. :eek:
The L3800 had a slow leaking front tire at the bead area but a good cleaning of the rim plus making sure tire was seated perfectly has stopped that problem. :) I hope.

What I mean by seating perfectly is that after repeated cleaning and inflating the tire I got the rim to be ALMOST leak free but two spots kept bubbling up with my soap testing. Out of frustration :confused2: I took a hammer and and started tapping (more than lightly but not too hard) the tire area around the leak. :confused3: pretty quickly the leaks stopped completely. I don't know what really happened but I guess the vibrations caused the rim to settle in nice and tight. :thumbsup: This is proof to me that if something doesn't fit "get a bigger hammer". :laughing:

/ Tubing tires on BX #6  
After tubing my right front tire about 6 months ago due to slow leak, I had my other front tire tubed at Les Schwab due to chronic slow leak. Cost about $25. So, just curious if many other of you BX owners have experienced the same problem? Granted I am hard on my tires as I am frequently on big slopes, most always in 4WD, and frequently a loaded bucket. Maybe these tires should be tubed in the first place?

My BX2200 had the annoying slow leak in the front tires (turf) until I slimed them. My BX 25 with turfs doesn't seem to suffer from this however. Only had to adjust the pressure once in a year and a half.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Tubing tires on BX #7  
Yeah I recall some chatter... curious on the rough percentage of owners that have the issue and if it is due to 4WD use, hilly terrain, or what?

I have tubed both my front tires at Schwabs. Have had both rears fixed once each. I am rough on those small front tires also. I work on a lot of forest debri, carry max loads, have rough terrain with lots of big rocks. I also have several old Hawthorn stumps that put out new thorny growth. I swear they never die. Schawbs has never found what has caused the punctures. What I like about them thy do not charge to fix flats unless you need parts. One is only 15 min away and they fix quick.

Ron

/ Tubing tires on BX #8  
Very common, or was and may still be, on front BXs especially with turf tires, not so much with R4s.

/ Tubing tires on BX #9  
I really worry about this. I do a great deal of work in my woods and there are just TONS of black Locust trees in there. VERY long thorns very sharp very hard and just murder tires. I buy green slime by the 55 gallon drum (joke)

I have already pulled out more thorns then I care to from the front and back tires....I think that when I get to the point where they are leaking I will just have them filled. Down side is the machine will be useless for mowing after that. So an extra set of turf tires might be bought to take care of that issue.

Serious, I would bet that on the old tires on the other two tractors I bet once a week I am pumping green crap into the tires to stop a leak.

/ Tubing tires on BX #10  

I have turfs and the sidewalls cracked and began leaking (soap test). The tractor is kept in a barn out of the sun so it wasn't a UV issue.

For those dealing with punctures, there is not much one can do beyond the Slime approach. If using tubes then breaking the tires down and patching on a regular basis would seem to get old quickly.