Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #1  

bilrus61

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 4200
Looking at the narrow B2320 for specialty reasons but wanted a clarification of the "live continuous PTO" on the gear B series. I know you hated the gear system but I wanted to know if they even have a on/off pto lever/button? In otherwords is there any way to drive foward and not have the PTO running the implement? I know when you clutch the tractor it stops and so does the PTO when it is engaged. Is it ALWAYS turning back there anytime your in gear and moving foward/backward? That would seem dangerous to me and very hard to manage.

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #2  
Looking at the narrow B2320 for specialty reasons but wanted a clarification of the "live continuous PTO" on the gear B series. I know you hated the gear system but I wanted to know if they even have a on/off pto lever/button? In otherwords is there any way to drive foward and not have the PTO running the implement? I know when you clutch the tractor it stops and so does the PTO when it is engaged. Is it ALWAYS turning back there anytime your in gear and moving foward/backward? That would seem dangerous to me and very hard to manage.

I no longer have the gear drive B2320 that I hated because the pto stopped when the clutch was pressed which stopped the tiller and rotary mower. I'm almost positive that there was a pto off/on lever to keep it from turning except when engaged. Otherwise the rotary mower and tiller I had on it would have always turned when moving and I'm almost certain that didn't happen.
The clutching to stop and go forward or reverse and always having to clutch and change gears was the pits. Good bye gear B2320.:)

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #3  
Regardless of the type of PTO, there is always a way to turn it off. On the B2320DT it probably has a lever on the left fender just like the other B-series. Push in the clutch, move the lever to the PTO on position, release the clutch and it starts. Push in the clutch, move the lever to the PTO off position and it stops.

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #4  
On the left fender of the 2320 DT there are two levers, one for the drive range selection and one for PTO engagement. When the PTO lever is in the centre position the PTO shaft is disengaged.

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question
Thanks! Now for another question, would the B2320DT have the ability to run a stationary PTO device such as a generator or is the only way to jack up the end and the rear wheels turn in the air?

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #6  
bilrus61,
The PTO will run if both gear shift levers are in neutral but you must tip the seat forward immediately as you get off the seat. Otherwise the safety switch will shut off the motor.

Mike

Last edited:
   / Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #7  
I no longer have the gear drive B2320 that I hated because the pto stopped when the clutch was pressed which stopped the tiller and rotary mower. .:)

This was an issue when I was shopping Kubotas, well that and trying to figure out the many different definitions each manufacturer has of "live PTO", "direct PTO", "live continuous PTO", "continuous live PTO", "continuous direct PTO", "Live from NY, it's Saturday Night Live PTO", etc...
...but I seem to remember that the Kubotas had a two stage clutch: press in 1/2 way to shift gears, and PTO will stay running, all the way in to stop PTO (and/or shift gears).

/ Calling John Thomas, 2320DT PTO question #8  
Thanks! Now for another question, would the B2320DT have the ability to run a stationary PTO device such as a generator or is the only way to jack up the end and the rear wheels turn in the air?

Yes, you must do this. And take a video and post it here. :D