Slow Hydraulics

/ Slow Hydraulics #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a very slow acting dipper cylinder and bucket cylinder on my Kubota excavator. The specifications for the travel time is about 5 seconds. The travel time I am calculating is about 9 seconds. Also, about half way thru the travel cycle the dipper cylinder almost stops for a split second and starts up again. I have just changed the hydraulic oil, filter and strainer but have not seen an improvement. It almost seems worse. Does anyone suggest a way to isolate the problem. Could the pump be going bad? The machine only has 1200 hours. How about the pressure relief valve? The other cylinders appear to be responding OK. I would appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

/ Slow Hydraulics #2  
Jon have you double check your hydraulic lines and connection?
On Caterpillar 390 excavator every now and than almost the samething happens,we make sure its greased and the controls are sprayed and check for dirt build up,also make sure the fluid level full.

Trouble shooting the hydrauli system can be very confusing so be carefull.

Some people also dealer use teflon tape at the connections,and if not wrapped right that will cause problems.

Lets us know what you find out.......okay.

Good Luck.

/ Slow Hydraulics #3  
Re: Slow Hydraulics Jon Spinosa

Just was doing searches on Kubota excavators and found this. I am looking at buying a KH-191 and am searching for all kinds of info on their (Kubota) excavators problems and such. How did you make out with this problem? Anyone here know how to run a Kubota excavator serial and get info on it??? I have done internet searches and just keep getting more flustrated. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated.

Darin

/ Slow Hydraulics #4  
Re: Slow Hydraulics Jon Spinosa

Darin,
I bought a used KH-151 about a year ago and got all the info on it (Year of Mfg., who bought it, what dealer sold it, etc.) by just going to my local kubota dealer. They made a call to kubota I think for the info. It's been a great machine and can lift a lot more then I ever imagined!