Kubota says use GL-4 lube but they only sell GL-5?

/ Kubota says use GL-4 lube but they only sell GL-5? #1  

bilrus61

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 4200
Onced again Kubota is saying one thing in their manuals and selling something else. On their website and in my manual says use GL-4 gear lube for the front axle case and differential on my M7040 but when I was at my dealer getting the fluids for its first change the Kubota gear lube said GL-5 on the bottle. I would guess its OK to use Kubota gear lube in a Kubota tractor but you would think they really would try to get on the same page with this stuff and not say one thing and sell another....:mad: I guess I'll use the super UDT2 in the front axle case to be on the safe side.....

/ Kubota says use GL-4 lube but they only sell GL-5? #2  
GL-5 is just fine if not better. Kubota is not very good at keeping up to date in their manuals.

/ Kubota says use GL-4 lube but they only sell GL-5? #3  
Hmmm. The maintenance section of my OP manual recommends - Kubota UDT or Super UDT fluid or SAE 80 - SAE 90 gear oil for front differential case oil [4WD] and front axle gear case oil [4WD]. My M6040 is 2009. There is no mention of GL-4 or GL-5 anywhere in the manual. Is there that much difference between the M6040 & M7040?