Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota 4200

Default Kubota super UDT2.........ok I belive.......

I've always gone back and forth on synthetic fluids. I've never been dissapointed in synthetics but have always doubted they were worth the extra coin. Well I change out my kubota M7040 yesterday from whatever the dealer put in it to Super UDT2. That is supposed to be a full synthetic transmission fluid. Ok I just bushhogged some gosh awful thick stuff. Mowed about 3 hours. The engine ran cooler much to my amazment. I was mowing the exact same fields/speed/height and if anything this was thicker than usual. Engine used to run just a hair's width over a temp mark on the guage. Today it never ran up to middle of that mark. Not a lot but very noticable. In fact I never dreamed it would make the engine run cooler and actually puzzled over it a bit trying to remember if I had cleaned the radiator out or what the deal was. So since the engine is working less (apperently) there should be a saving in fuel. I imangined it used less fuel but no way to be certain. Anyhow thats it. I'm a synthetic man from here on out.

I have a Kuhn tiller that taxed my GL5040 GST tractor. Its the 84 inch tiller on a 44 pto tractor. When I first got it it would sometimes start to lug that puppy down in deep soil. Well I went and changed the side gear oil and the gearbox oil as per the manual after 10 hours of tilling. I decided to put in some Amsoil sever gear 75/90 gear oil as its a messy job and I wanted to extend my hours on my gear oil. I noticed right off that it was like my tractor had gained a couple of horsepower. The stuff that came out of it was pretty thick. It has never lugged that tractor again even in the same gardens/plots that it did before. Even with that experiance I was still surprised at today's mowing. Everything get synthetics from here on out. I'm a believer!

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Default Re: Kubota super UDT2.........ok I belive.......

Synthetics are the BEST.... I've been using synthetic gear box lubes in everything foe a Long while now... They do run cooler.

Tractor
    1996 Kubota L4200 GSTC,(sold) 1994 JCB 210S 4x4x4

I noticed after washing and waxing mine, I get the same result's...lol,,JK

bilrus61 and Kenny, I noticed you both have the L4200 as I do,
    do you both use Super UDT2 in your tranny's.
    I'm due for a change and was debating on using this type in my GST trans.

Tractor
    Kubota B3350 HSDC

Once my equipment is broken in I switch to Amsoil diesel for the engine and Super UDT2 for the HST. No problems yet (knock wood)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota 4200

Skyhook I traded in my L4200 three years ago just not updaded my avitar. My first change in my L4200 was with Wal mart tractor hydrolic fluid. I didn't have any troubles at all with it but on my second change I changed to super UDT.....they ddn't have the SUDT2 back then, and it did shift quicker and a sharper. Never had a issue with the SUDT in my L4200.

Sandyc what Amsoil oil do you use in your smaller diesels?

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

I looked for a synthetic trans/hydraulic fluid, never did locate anything...
    So I started using Travelers Premium from Tractor Supply... Over 1400 hours now on my 3rd change.... I do let it warm up in the winter before using.
    If UDT2 would have been available I likely would have switched to that long ago, but having many years with Travelers oil... I will likely stay with this regular mineral oil... I do use Synthetic in everything else.

Tractor
    JD 5055E

I looked for a synthetic trans/hydraulic fluid, never did locate anything...
    You may want to check out AMSOIL. AMSOIL Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30
    I had a NH TC40D w/ a HST. The synthetic transmission oil made a big difference in the winter. I do imagine it would be less noticeable in a GST.

Best, Bill

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey GC1710.

I run Amsoil in everything, our 2010 VW Routan has a notoriously oil consuming 3.8 Ltr, ours doesn't consume any oil……Tractor will be all amsoil when I hit the 50 hr mark.