bx 1850 hydraulics

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #1  

terryknight

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5055E,Kubota B2650
just acquired an 09 bx1850 with 250 ish hours. the hydraulic do not operate at idle. is this normal? as soon as you rev the motor up they work normally.

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #2  
When the engine is running, the hyd pump is running and supposed to pump fluid all the time through all valves with little or no pressure.

If you have a FEL, remove a work port hose and place a bucket and see if there is flow at idle when you move the lever.

If no FEL and only 3pt, remove the hose at the hyd block and see if there is flow at idle.

Install a hyd gage and do a pressure check.

Best way to check the health of your hyd system is with a flow and pressure check.

/ bx 1850 hydraulics
thanks for the response, but it didn't answer the question. is it normal on these small bx tractor's if it is normal not to have hydraulic (3 pt or FEL) at idle? hydrostatic trans works, 3 pt and FEL work properly at high idle on up. if it is normal i won't dig into it. if this is only my bx i will. i don't think of it as normal. all other tractors i have used have hydraulics that work at idle.

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #4  
Yes this is normal on the BX models. They use a common pump for power steering and implements. The pump feeds a priority flow control that sends oil to the power steering circuit and excess flow goes to the implements. Typically around 1500 RPM the implements, FEL, 3PH, etc. will start to work.

/ bx 1850 hydraulics
okay thanks. i thought that it might be normal but wasn't sure

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #6  
Yeah. My bx1860 wont move the three point at idle. Its normal.

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #7  
Yep - normal. My new BX25D will move it BUT very very slow. Soon as you rev it a bit everything kicks in and works great.
They are pretty low flow machines but it really never hurts anything.

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #8  
The BX25D pumps about 6.2 GPM.

So at 1500 you can figure it is pumping about 3.1 GPM. Steering is getting some of that.

So at idle, where is the fluid going if the hydro is not using any fluid and you are not steering.

I understand divider valves, and looking at the diagrams, I see a divider spool.

Could there be an adjustment for the flow?

So in order to use any attachment you have to exceed the fluid required for the hydro and steering, which is any fluid above 3.1 GPM.

What a system. It sure is a waste of system hyd fluid.

You guys that own this type of tractor can get away from that system and havegood flow at idle by using a fan belt driven hyd pump and a valve to control the pump flow.

Actually, if you added check valves you could probably use the flow from the tractor pump and the add on pump flow for a faster operation of the FEL.

My Power-Trac uses a fan belt powered hyd pump at about 3 GPM and does a credible job at FEL operation.

Attachments

• steering and lift pump 1445.jpg
    steering and lift pump 1445.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 92
   / bx 1850 hydraulics #9  
Not disputing what JJ said but In all honesty it really works good as designed if you don't mind the RPMs. Some people are a little concerned with running that tractor at 2800-3000 RPM but that is what Kubota designed for and they run for 1000's of hours if properly maintained. I really can't think of ever harding much about people wearing these little machines out ?

/ bx 1850 hydraulics #10  
the 1850 is same as my bx24 50 series and yes its normal. I have to be at 1600 min rpms to do any FEL work. I was able to get it to move at 1200 but its slow. It will not operate the FEL at idle. The BX's is not designed to run at a low engine speed either. If you got a 60 series and up, it will operate at idle and 50's sadly does not so no need to troubleshoot or adjust anything.