new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #1  

vincey2kr1

Tractor
2014 kubota bx25d
They sure did make it look like the pins were easy to take off on the youtube videos lol. Actually they are except one backhoe pin, my dealer is a 2hour drive from me and its nearly impossible to take out and put in one of the pins without using a pry bar or a hammer. Its really a pain because the PTO cover really doesnt allow you to hammer it out. All my other pins are easily taken out. Do you guys recommend reaming out the hole or decreasing the size of the pin (should have access to a lathe)? Or make the 2hour drive to my dealer ..

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #2  
I've never had a problem with mine you have to make sure the whole unit is level, and lowering / manipulating your out-riggers and dipper to take up the weight of the unit to find the neutral point ( the sweet spot) and then the pins should be loose and just pull them out. I find it is usually harder to hook up to it than to unhook from mine.

Practice makes perfect.

Cheers

Roger

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe
Ya i've spent hours , trying all sorts of different things, different ground surfaces, a jack even, outriggers up down one up other down, pushing pulling with the backhoe etc. I really think they just dont line up , every other pin on the machine is very easily taken out. I'll try practice some more

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #4  
you also may want to try a very thin coating of grease on the pins when they are removed, and check the inside of the holes on the hoe, there may be some excess paint etc in there that may cause a little binding.

Cheers

Roger

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #5  
I have the same, or at least similar, trouble with mine. When I take the weight off of the back wheels with the BH, one pin will just slide right in and out. The other side the pin is super tight.

I've found that I have to let up on the boom and start putting the back of the tractor back down a bit. I have one hand on the lever, the other on the pin. I toggle the lever up and down a hair while trying to twist the pin. There is a spot that suddenly the pin will twist.

I can then twist the pin back and forth while pulling and it will pull on out. It never just slips out like the other side, but does get loose enough that with some twisting/tugging I can do it by hand. I've gotten pretty good at it over time...

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #6  
It would be wise to loosen the backhoe mounts from the tractor, center them and retighten.

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #7  
Welcome from Wisconsin

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #8  
I had a similar issue. On one side was easy and the other tight. I would use the outriggers to twist the frame just a hair to make the pins come out. I never used a hammer and I wouldnt. You dont want to get the mushroom effect on the pins making it worse. On the side that is tight, after the BH is off, take a round hoile sander and strip the paint off. It will make the pins easier to take out and grease the pins. When I regrease the BH , any grease that oozes out the joints i would wipe it off and wipe the excess on the pins.

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #9  
Definitely, easier to take off than put back on...The words "sweet spot" are the perfect description for taking just the right weight off the pins so that they slide out easily. I have to say that on mine, when I hit the sweet spot, both pins come out easily. Perhaps some misalignment problems on yours...good luck with it!

/ new member new bx25d, Pins not lining up/stuck on backhoe #10  
The very first time I had to use a dead blow hammer-hard plastic. The pins were kind of corroded. Couple of hard taps and the came out. I lightly greased the pins and holes, no problem now. The backhoe is not the easiest to get back on. I just laugh at those videos, takes me like 5-10 each time to get it back on. That's why its off 99% of the time.