L345 Hydraulic Leak

/ L345 Hydraulic Leak #1  

cskarnes

Tractor
Kubota L345
Well just brought home a L345 the other day. Didn't notice any sizeable leaks when I bought it. Ran it for about an hour and noticed a little leak at the front axle. Now big deal. However, parked the tractor in the garage for the night and came to find a decent size hydraulic puddle under the bell housing. The driveshaft is wet and so is the bellhousing. My fear is the input shaft seal on the trans, however, I am up for any suggestions. I'm new to owning tractors so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

/ L345 Hydraulic Leak #2  
Is the drive shaft wet back to where it connects to the drive case? There's a seal there that's fairly easy to replace - requires draining the fluid but not splitting the machine.

/ L345 Hydraulic Leak
No, it doesnt look wet all the way back. However, is the actual driveshaft inside that outer tube? Because it is wet at the first transition in the tube.

/ L345 Hydraulic Leak #4  
yes the shaft runs inside the telescoping tube. On a L345 the back end of the tube has a 2-bolt flange where it connects to the drive case. If the drive case seal is leaking the oil might not find a way out until it gets to the middle tube joint. To inspect it take the tube bolts out and slide the back part forward. It should be obvious if the drive case seal is leaking. To get the shaft out drive out the split pin in the rear coupling so the coupling can slide forward. Lower the shaft, then pull it out of the front coupling. The Kubota website has illustrated parts lists here