FEL/ backhoe conflict.

/ FEL/ backhoe conflict. #1  

mwark

Bronze Member
Tractor
L5240
I recently installed a used woods BD90 backhoe on my new L5240. The hoe works great, however when the hydraulic loop is connected my loader will not function properly. It sounds to me like the pump is in bypass (low idle is not smooth, it cycles). When I remove the hoe from the loops all is well. :confused:

Any ideas?

/ FEL/ backhoe conflict. #2  
How are you feeding the BH?

It should be from the FEL valve PB port or a PB port from the remotes.

The BH is inserted in series with the hyd flow path.

If you have QD's on the BH, you can damage something by not connecting or connecting wrong.

Your flow should be something like this.

Pump FEL, hyd block, remote if you have one, BH, tank.

When you are not using the BH, the PB out goes to the 3pt.

/ FEL/ backhoe conflict.
The BH was dealer installed. He also installed a loop (or PB). I use the same loop for the wood splitter with no issues. I also have a set of remotes that I've yet to use (they're for the snowblower).

/ FEL/ backhoe conflict. #4  
Could be the BH has the wrong type of valves??
Some of them are made to run from a separate PTO pump and have "open Center" valves.
Here's a trick you could try that may tell you something .... Hold the outrigger UP lever and try to move the FEL. If it moves you have a valving problem.

/ FEL/ backhoe conflict.
Some of them are made to run from a separate PTO pump and have "open Center" valves.
Here's a trick you could try that may tell you something .... Hold the outrigger UP lever and try to move the FEL. If it moves you have a valving problem.

If this is my issue, could it damage anything?

/ FEL/ backhoe conflict.

Just tried it, that's it! Thanks. Looks like the dealer messed this one up. He told me at the time that they didn't use part of the kit that came from Woods, they made up something themselves. I'll call them in the morning.