Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #21  
Sorry for your loss.

I have put a couple best friends down in the past 4 or 5 years. One I had for 12 years since i was in 9th grade. Another I some how inherited from my sister that I had for 5 years out of his 13 years lived.

Its easy to see why they are called man's best friend. I now have 3 best friends. I always say I'm not getting anymore. But there is just something about the companionship of a dog.

There is another one out there waiting for a good home when you're ready. If that's an option down the road.

Below are my knuckleheads. The black lab I was being a foster parent to. He left about 2 months ago at 5 months old. I had him since he was 8 weeks.

ForumRunner_20140702_141705.png

ForumRunner_20140702_141718.png

ForumRunner_20140702_141948.png

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #22  
   / Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #23  
I have done the same thing on several occasions now, never easy, my thoughts and well wishes brother.

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #24  
I had to put down my boxer boy, Bubba, last year. I cried like a baby. He was 10 years old, and had cancer real bad. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, he walked into the vets with me, hobbling along, the best he could. I felt terrible knowing that he would not be walking back out. But the pain would be at a end. It's hard.

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #25  
Had to do that back in April w/ my Shi Tzu buddy of 6 yrs.. Accidentally backed over him w/ my truck. Tore me up for days and weeks. Used my tractor also to dig a resting place. Got another buddy a couple of months ago but will NEVER forget Titus.

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #26  
Sorry to read about your loss
May he rest in peace
$5 well spent

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #27  
You have to remember that the shelters are full of animals that deserve good homes. They can not replace a lost friend but they can lessen the pain. I was a total wreck for months...then my wife drug myself out of the house to a shelter and I came home with Remington. He is a puppy and a full on puppy pain in the tush. But if I am under the weather he knows, and he will just calm down and lay right with me with his head on me....they have magic powers that just make you feel better. Nothing better then a dog head.

Here is his "booking photo" from the shelter...from this photo I should have known.
View attachment 381367

Here he is with Recon, our other old dog, she was a stray that started to live under my porch. 100+lbs with about 10lbs. at the time. She played with him so gentle.
View attachment 381368

I know it is hard, and I felt like I was cheating on Ranger when I looked at Remington, but I know Ranger would want me to be happy. Dogs will put our needs above their own.

Great post... I am tearing up thinking of my last dog and other's pain when losing one. It's been almost 10 years and haven't 'replaced' her. I know that is not the way to look at it but since I travel a bunch now for business I have an excuse. If I can ever retire, then another right hand 'dog' will be welcome.

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #28  
As I read this, my 13 year old Lab/English Pointer mix is sleeping peacefully in her chair. Someday it will be very hard to see that chair without her in it-just hope it's a ways from now....

Someone once said that there's a reason that dog is God spelled backwards-dogs may be the only examples of unconditional love we will ever know while we're living.

It's never easy when you lose a special pet, but I hope time gives you comfort.

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #29  
Sorry to hear of your loss of a great friend. People think that I am nuts, but I have my dogs cremated and their remains are going to be buried with me. I hope there is room for all of us.

/ Saddest Hole My Kubota Ever Dug #30  
Sorry for your loss.

A piece of you goes with them. That's for sure.