Biggest battery for L3800?

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #1  

Rail Dawg

Silver Member
What's the biggest battery you were able to put into an L3800?

Thanks!

Chuck

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #2  
I doubt many have had to change the battery yet. L3800 hasn't been out long enough to need a battery replaced?

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #3  
I guess I'm among the 'lucky' ones? My L3400 went out @ 3 years, <100 hours. I replaced it with an Interstate of the same size as the original though.

Like Bluegill2 said, your battery has to be fairly new; a prorated exchange should be in order.

/ Biggest battery for L3800?
I guess I'm among the 'lucky' ones? My L3400 went out @ 3 years, <100 hours. I replaced it with an Interstate of the same size as the original though.

Like Bluegill2 said, your battery has to be fairly new; a prorated exchange should be in order.

Good points. 3 years in the Texas heat and I get concerned. The original battery isn't leaking and it's still starting the tractor just fine...

Maybe I'll wait.

Thanks!

Chuck

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #5  
Here is a chart that list all the battery groups and their size. You could do some measuring to figure out how big you can go. I would go with the battery with the most CCA. When the batterys go in my tractors I am going to replace them with a AGM battery.

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #6  
The original Kubota OEM battery in my old B7500DT was still cranking it fine after over 8 years. I know batteries can go south whenever they feel like it, but some of them last a good long while.

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #7  
I have the smaller L2800HST, but it is coming up on 7 years on the original battery.

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #8  
I wouldn't worry about a larger battery!

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #9  
I have the smaller L2800HST, but it is coming up on 7 years on the original battery.

Same here , mines a L3400 DT 2007 W/original battery.

/ Biggest battery for L3800? #10  
Same here , mines a L3400 DT 2007 W/original battery.

Yeah, I feel like I was born under a dark star... Mine died right after 3 years. :-( If there's a "bad" battery out there to be had, I'll end up getting that one. I've bought 7 this year, and getting close to needing 12 more for our two golf carts.

PS The carts are used for farm work - not golfing.