Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX?

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
I have a BX25D and need to trench about 200ft to lay some poly pipe for underground water supply to my lower property. I don't want to use my 12in wide bucket. Looking for your comments on what is available for my BX and some success stories. Plan on burying 12 to 18in max. Not worried about freeze. Will install drain faucet at lowest point. Another option would be to weld one up (newbie welder itching for projects just don't have a lot free time) so Ripper plans welcome too.

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #2  
Have a look at the Bro-Tek ripper and trencher. Great quality, smart design. Mine has dug plenty of trench and ripped many roots!

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #3  
Hi you might want to do a search in kub forumn about DR ripper tooth in 4/1/2014. They sell for $125 +25 ship pins 252951 are $7. I love brotek stuff but for my use (light) 1/2 price is nice. It looks like you will have to turn 3/4 length apx to .976 or so to go thru kub backhoe "ears". Planning on looking at cat 0 to 1 bushing if od is 1" and turn 1/4 end to id of bushing. All measure are apx or from forumn. Just need $ or ship to come in lol. or maybe a single shack sub soiler if enough depth

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #4  
I had a single bottom mold board plow a couple of years ago. I tried it for ditching some rental property for water run off. It made the most perfect 6" wide by 6" deep trench. It just dug down and laid the cut top on the side up side down. I sort of went crazy with it and some folks asked what had happened.:eek: It was so easy, except for the phone wires running just under the ground but none of them were connected so no problem. I had to keep looking behind me on a B2320 to see if it was still there. Sold it to my building contractor friend after I loaned it to him to try for downspout drain pipe ditches to drain water away from new homes. It only dug about 6" deep but 2 or 3 passes may dig deeper, don't know but for easy and neat it was great.

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #5  
Just did a 250 foot waterline trench for the neighbor. Used my BX24 and 8 inch bucket. I'm slow (and it was rocky) so it took about 6 hours.

Have you considered a smaller bucket? I've used mine for irrigation and water lines - and wouldn't want or need to go much skinnier.

Z.

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #6  
hate to say this,,, but poly pipe at 12-18" (& downhill) sounds like a job for a rented trencher…. the ditch will fill easier too

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #7  
Build this:

Mini-Irrigation-Pipe-Layer-Main.jpg

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #8  
hate to say this,,, but poly pipe at 12-18" (& downhill) sounds like a job for a rented trencher…. the ditch will fill easier too

second on this. it's almost painful to pay the rental when you have a backhoe but it's much faster, takes away the wear on your machine, makes a cleaner trench and handles roots better in many cases.

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #9  
Build this:

Mini-Irrigation-Pipe-Layer-Main.jpg

I like this! Thanks! I wonder if a a similar item could be conjured up that is towed with tractor (or a pickup or winch?) And has a large ballast. I like the disc cutter, and the wing. Very cool.

/ Ripper/Trencher Attachment ideas for BX? #10  
Irrigation guys have a machine that contains a blade similar to that above, but that has a torpedo-shaped thingie on the bottom. The hose clamps to the torpedo, and the thing is dragged through the ground. The slot closes right up even without a press, and the pipe is dragged in from the start of the hole. I've been meaning to build one for my 3pt myself, as I have a sprinkler system I'd like to install, and my backhoe makes WAY to much mess.