Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment

/ Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment #1  

Mowbizz

Platinum Member
Tractor
'14 Kubota BX25D
I have owned the ripper tooth on a previous tractor but not the trencher option...anyone here ever used the Bro-tek trencher with the ripper?

I am going to have to trench to my new garage for power and was wondering if this was the "ticket" for this task?

The ripper tooth will always come in handy by itself of course...

/ Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment #2  
I have it, but never used the attachment yet, the tooth has held up well with stones and roots, so I thinking the trenching portion is designed just as well.

/ Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment #3  
I've got the ripper tooth but not the trencher. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

P1010403-L.jpg

/ Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment
I have it, but never used the attachment yet, the tooth has held up well with stones and roots, so I thinking the trenching portion is designed just as well.

So get out there and dig a trench so I can see it work!!! :laughing:

Seriously, though...if you do use the trencher, please share your thoughts on it's effectiveness for trenching.

Oops, I forgot that I have the Kubota factory thumb on my BH...does anyone know if the BroTek ripper will even work with thumb installed??

I asked Richard from Bro-tek but he hasn't answered yet...

Well, Richard from Bro-Tek said he has sold them to folks with the Kubota thumb and says there were no problems.
Makes sense...as the ripper simply takes the place of the bucket...sorry...just thinking out loud here !

Last edited:
   / Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment #6  
Oops, I forgot that I have the Kubota factory thumb on my BH...does anyone know if the BroTek ripper will even work with thumb installed??

I asked Richard from Bro-tek but he hasn't answered yet...

Well, Richard from Bro-Tek said he has sold them to folks with the Kubota thumb and says there were no problems.
Makes sense...as the ripper simply takes the place of the bucket...sorry...just thinking out loud here !

I just bought both, and they look very heavy duty. No chance to use them yet, but will soon, and will post back a report. One thought: the ripper tooth should work great with the Kubota thumb (which I also bought), for both holding things and for cutting things. Will check it out - maybe next weekend.

I just bought both, and they look very heavy duty. No chance to use them yet, but will soon, and will post back a report. One thought: the ripper tooth should work great with the Kubota thumb (which I also bought), for both holding things and for cutting things. Will check it out - maybe next weekend.

Good deal!
I just emailed Richard to have him send me his PayPal info for a purchase.

/ Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment #8  
Any pics of said trencher? I am wanting to build my pole barn and will need to trench water, power line to the barn. Could possibly be what I need to do it fast. I also have the backhoe attachment for my tractor.

Any pics of said trencher? I am wanting to build my pole barn and will need to trench water, power line to the barn. Could possibly be what I need to do it fast. I also have the backhoe attachment for my tractor.

Mine is on it's way from Bro-Tek in NB Canada...I'll take some pics when it arrives...

/ Bro-tek ripper tooth with trencher attachment #10  

Check, I predict you're going to love that ripper tooth. Mine has been a great help in ripping out cedar roots so I can push the tree over with my bigger tractor and grapple. I'm very satisfied with my ripper. Money well spent.