Warranty Listings

/ Warranty Listings #1  

Pks

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, Cub Cadet 1430, Hustler Super-Z 66in, Vermeer 1250
Would anyone be interested in starting a discussion thread which would list known warranty bulletins that have been issued or specifically address by Kubota?

My thought is to have a listing by tractor model. Most of the listings, presently, are by problems that occurred. For example, there are a number of posts regarding cracked axel housings on the larger models possibly due to ROPS bolts and the shape of the housing. Is there a bulletin on this from Kubota? If so could it be listed here?

Another example is the new BX series having problems with the 3 point lift arms, gas tank leaks and fuel gages not reading properly. Those Kubota bulletins could be listed here as well. But instead of listing the bulletins by problem, they would be listed by tractor model.

A third example is that a seemingly large number of B2710 owners have had power steering problems. Does anyone know if Kubota has issued a specific bulletin/fix for this? I have read the posts but it seems a final answer is still in the making.

The reason I came up with this thought is that I am looking for a listing of official bulletins and known warranty problems with the B2400 models. I have not had any real problems with my unit, I'm just interested to know if there are issues that Kubota knows, about which I have not yet heard.

Any thoughts or rebuttles???

Thanks for your time,

Peter

/ Warranty Listings #2  
Think it is a great idea. Wondering if Kubota might even be willing to help, as I'm sure this site gets them a ton of business. Would guess they could provide a good starting point from which to build. Would like to see older models as well for those looking at used equipment. My 2 cents.

/ Warranty Listings #3  
The folks here keep everyone up to date far as problems and cures a.s.a.p....much better than the the tractor companies.

I doubt very much if any tractor companies would come forward,for it might cause bad PR.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Warranty Listings #4  
I agree with Sully. This is something that has the potential to help Kubota get the word out. We ought to approach them for support. But how do we contact them?

Pete

/ Warranty Listings #5  
We'll have to consider the idea a little more before contacting the manufacturers (which we can do), but I think it is a possibility and would serve the buyers and owners well. I really can't say if they would be interested in having their service bulletins published here, since they don't even publish them on their own website. I'm not sure if that's the type of word they want to get out... from their point of view, anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Looking at it from a service to customers perspective, without a doubt they should be published and would put out a positive message for any manufacturers that were involved in the service. It doesn't involve a direct personal contact with anyone at the manufacturer, which has been the obstacle so far, so I would say it is a possibility... I'll keep it in mind and look into it more when I get the chance. Busy, busy, for now. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Warranty Listings #6  
<font color=blue>I doubt very much if any tractor companies would come forward,for it might cause bad PR.</font color=blue>

I don't think the bad PR is going to come from publishing the service bulletins, but rather from not publishing them. Anyone agree?

For one, in the automotive industry, Audi/Volkswagen of America has a site with all technical bulletins, campaign circulars and service circulars... very valuable to buyers and owners. In each document, at the top it reads "Please give copies of this document to all technicians." When the site was down for a while without explanation, there was a rather harsh response from the owners... after a couple weeks, they put it back up. Happy owners. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif To see what's there, you can visit http://tech.vw.com...

msig.gif

/ Warranty Listings #7  
Pks,I also think this would be a good idea.I just picked up our B2710 from the Dealership this past weekend.Was having a problem with the Hydro..Trans was making a noise that sounded like a bearing going out,a "squealing" noise.I had seen a post here,I think by Msullivan where he had lost the trans out of his 2710 also.Anyway,it turns out that there was no major trouble.During assembly at the Factory,the power shaft that drives the front end was "misaligned".This is a splinned coupling that hooks up to the Hydro.This shaft has 2 joints and by being misaligned ,it was in a bind.The mechanic removed the shaft and rotated it 180 degrees.And thats all there was to it.I know this is not a common problem,but they have done this same repair on 3 different 2710's in the past month. Serial numbers range from 10,600 to 12,800.So,if anybody has the same problem come up,I would say,this would be the first place to look.Yes,it would be very handy if some of these issuses were listed on a public forum to help keep the customer infomed.

/ Warranty Listings #8  
Muhammad,
Maybe I shouldn't have single out tractor companies,but I have found out the hard way there are companies who would rather bite there tongue than come forward about a bad piece of equipment.
I agree honesty still the best policy.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Warranty Listings #9  
Muhammad, I couldn't agree more. I think a well informed consumer is a happy consumer. The internet boom has really brought that to light. While researching products on line, I quickly skip over sites full of "fluff" and migrate towards sites with product information and comparison data. These also tend to be the better products as they have nothing to hide in such comparisons.

A warranty listing is a great idea. I suspect if the manufacturers were willing to post that info, they'd want it on thier own sites rather than a third party. Outside sites CAN have a major impact on manufacturers though. A good example is Blue Oval News where all sorts of Ford info is available. The site has the credibility to take on Ford when necessary.

This site is still the best for "awareness" though /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Warranty Listings #10  
Hey folks, anyone know a very cooperative dealer? I'm sure that they would get the bulletins, and if we could acquire a copy, we could post them (perhaps after sanitizing them of any dealer info). I think just about anyone but the manufacturer would agree that the info is good to have to the public, as it would help eliminate the frustration of an ongoing problem that has a known fix...the type of problem that causes people to give them a bad rep. The red tape that you might have to go thru at the manufacturer I'm afraid would be formidable. They don't always think as logical as all of us... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif