BX25: What a Workhorse

/ BX25: What a Workhorse #1  

shadowshack

Tractor
Kubota BX25DLB-R-1
I have a 100' driveway covered in stone. A double-wide gate opens to a stone covered path running alongside my garage and leading to my yard. Behind my garage is also covered in stone. All this stone keeps my Kubota from making muddy ruts as I travel in and out of my yard. I keep my Kubota under a tarp-covered hoop that was my greenhouse structure in years past, and in the back of it I stow my backhoe, which sits on a reinforced pallet. The area where I stow the BX25 is the only area not covered in stone. I had made an attempt at keeping the weeds down using landscaping fabric, but over the years it got ripped up in several places and is now useless as a weed barrier. Now that I've completed the 40' long grey water drainage ditch that extends from my house (the ditch runs opposite the side of the the garage leading to my driveway) and cuts across the stone covered area most travelled be my tractor, I decided to clean up the area where I stow the Kubota and lay down stone.

So, today I removed the boxblade and 3 pt. hitch, mounted the backhoe, attached the forks to my loader, moved the reinforced pallet to the back of the yard, dismounted the backhoe, removed the pallet forks, replaced the 3 point hitch and the boxblade, attached my Ratchet Rake to clean up the aforementioned area, removed the Ratchet Rake, moved several tons of stone to my working area, spread it around using the boxblade, smoothed the stone out using the partially-filled loader, removed the boxblade and hitch, mounted the backhoe, attached the forks, moved the pallet to the newly created stone area, unmounted the backhoe, reinstalled the hitch and boxblade, and then refreshed the driveway with the unused stone I had delivered today. And that is just one day in the life of my amazing BX25, the best purchasse I've ever made.

Last edited:
   / BX25: What a Workhorse #2  
Tractors big or small sure make life a whole lot easier and a heck of alot more fun in some cases . I bought one of those ratchet rakes this year and what a great tool it is .

/ BX25: What a Workhorse #3  
Box blade is the first implement on my list to buy.

/ BX25: What a Workhorse #4  
sounds like you are among the lucky/wise ones who sized his tractor just right

/ BX25: What a Workhorse #5  
It would be better if you had two BX25's so you wouldn't have take the backhoe on and off. Right?

/ BX25: What a Workhorse #7  
BX25 was my best all around Kubota. So handy, so capable, mostly fun to operate and frugal on fuel.:thumbsup:

/ BX25: What a Workhorse
Agreed, HEC. I find my Ratchet Rake very useful.The area behind my rear fence is overgrown with weeds and it takes no time at all to scratch it all clear.
I couldn't do half of what I do without my boxblade, tk tom. Just be sure to get one that is the right fit for your tractor and built very weill. They take a beating.
My BX25 is the perfect size for my property, DeiselInHooters. Initially I was worried it couldn't handle the multitude of jobs I had planned for it. I'm no longer worried!
His and hers...I like that idea. Maybe she'll let me borrow hers when I need the backhoe. Or maybe not...

/ BX25: What a Workhorse #10  
Agreed, HEC. I find my Ratchet Rake very useful.The area behind my rear fence is overgrown with weeds and it takes no time at all to scratch it all clear.
I couldn't do half of what I do without my boxblade, tk tom. Just be sure to get one that is the right fit for your tractor and built very weill. They take a beating.
My BX25 is the perfect size for my property, DeiselInHooters. Initially I was worried it couldn't handle the multitude of jobs I had planned for it. I'm no longer worried!
His and hers...I like that idea. Maybe she'll let me borrow hers when I need the backhoe. Or maybe not...

I've really taken a liking to the everythingattachments box blade. Very nice video on it, lots of info.

And as far as the BX goes, they are just awesome little tractors. I'm not sure even my B2650 will prove as useful as dad's BX23 has been. 9 years and 825hours later, that BX is amazing. Time will tell!