Bigger tires
Heavier tractor

Cons with B3350 vs B2920

DFP
Greater fuel consumption

Pro's with B3350 vs B2920

6 PTO hp more
4 cyl vs 3 cyl

Intended use is residential snow removal (contract)

Another advantage of new B2650 B3350 is warranty

I will keep my 63" front mount blower

Price difference here in Canada between b2650 and b3350 is $7K

Any opinions on which one and why?

Thanks

ericher69

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ B2650 vs B3350 #2  
I took delivery of a factory cab 2650 in Dec 2013 and it is used for residential snow removal and is equipped with the front mount 63" blower. It had no difficulty handling the 18 driveways I looked after last winter. I chose the 2650 over the 3350 due to the price differential vs modest performance difference. The tractor had no difficulty driving the snowblower even under heavy wet snow conditions. The heated comfortable cab made operation even in unpleasant cold and blowing snow conditions comfy.

If I didn't like the smell of that additional $7k stuffed in my mattress, I may have sprung for the 3350.

/ B2650 vs B3350 #3  
I would only look to the 33 if I needed that extra PTO power. Hydraulics on the 26 are equally capable. Position control and stabilizers are really nice on the 50 series, very nice. Aaaaand I like the simplicity of a non-DPF motor.

/ B2650 vs B3350 #4  
There is something to be said for, "Go big or go back." However, nothing beats a cab in the wintertime. I would also look at the spacing between the wheels and frame/fenders. It's would be nice to be able to chain up the rear tires and not need spacers.
I love my cabbed 3030 in the wintertime, especially when you get those pesky storms that change from snow to rain or rain to snow.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 w Snowblower Running.jpg
    Kubota B3030 w Snowblower Running.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3,145
   / B2650 vs B3350
I took delivery of a factory cab 2650 in Dec 2013 and it is used for residential snow removal and is equipped with the front mount 63" blower. It had no difficulty handling the 18 driveways I looked after last winter. I chose the 2650 over the 3350 due to the price differential vs modest performance difference. The tractor had no difficulty driving the snowblower even under heavy wet snow conditions. The heated comfortable cab made operation even in unpleasant cold and blowing snow conditions comfy. If I didn't like the smell of that additional $7k stuffed in my mattress, I may have sprung for the 3350.

Thanks for your first hand experience reply! 7K for me is hard to swallow.

I would only look to the 33 if I needed that extra PTO power. Hydraulics on the 26 are equally capable. Position control and stabilizers are really nice on the 50 series, very nice. Aaaaand I like the simplicity of a non-DPF motor.
don't think I'll notice the missing 1.5pto hp as the current PTO I have has no issues turning the 63" front blower.

There is something to be said for, "Go big or go back." However, nothing beats a cab in the wintertime. I would also look at the spacing between the wheels and frame/fenders. It's would be nice to be able to chain up the rear tires and not need spacers. I love my cabbed 3030 in the wintertime, especially when you get those pesky storms that change from snow to rain or rain to snow.
can't justify the extra 6pto hp for 7K more (I realize 3K of this is for DPF engine)

/ B2650 vs B3350 #6  
I should warn you, if you are used to the hot-rod power-to-weight performance of the 2920, you will probably think the 2650 is a bit sluggish. I'd almost suggest you look into putting a cab on the 2920, but I know nothing of the practicality (other than several companies do make aftermarket cabs).

/ B2650 vs B3350
I should warn you, if you are used to the hot-rod power-to-weight performance of the 2920, you will probably think the 2650 is a bit sluggish. I'd almost suggest you look into putting a cab on the 2920, but I know nothing of the practicality (other than several companies do make aftermarket cabs).

I do have a SIMS cab on the b2920.

/ B2650 vs B3350 #8  
check overall TOP MPH (miles per hour) see if tires you choose are the larger diameter type. to slightly increase top speed when roading between jobs (contract work)

double check to see if it comes pre wired for backup caution horn, yellow caution lights, correct turn signals both front/rear

double check that you do get the "larger" alternator, most give larger with cab, but not always

check to see if "slow motion" yellow/triangle sign can be mounted on rear or if you need to devise another plan of attack to mount it.

=========
errr just saw from Canada so not sure about actual rules of road vs US, but would assume like rules.
example.. not sure if you can get away with chains or not pending on time of year.

/ B2650 vs B3350 #9  
I do have a SIMS cab on the b2920.

So then what are you really trying to gain? To me things like position control and telescopic stabilizers are not that compelling to make up for the power decrease and weight increase you'd have to eat with the 2650 (and you can always add telescopic stabilizers to the B2920). Not trying to deter you, but I don't see a real compelling reason to go from a 2920 to a 2650. And the 3350 cost is out of line for the extra power. Same argument applied when considering the old B3200/B3300 compared to the 2920. To me, a more compelling jump, especially considering bang for buck, would be to an L series.

/ B2650 vs B3350
So then what are you really trying to gain? To me things like position control and telescopic stabilizers are not that compelling to make up for the power decrease and weight increase you'd have to eat with the 2650 (and you can always add telescopic stabilizers to the B2920). Not trying to deter you, but I don't see a real compelling reason to go from a 2920 to a 2650. And the 3350 cost is out of line for the extra power. Same argument applied when considering the old B3200/B3300 compared to the 2920. To me, a more compelling jump, especially considering bang for buck, would be to an L series.

Much nicer cab
Better visibility
A/C
Defogger
More weight (better traction)

L series is way more $$ and it will NOT fit in my garage. Plus I can use ALL current attachments on B2650 but could not on L series