l5460 hose routing near hydraulic filter

/ l5460 hose routing near hydraulic filter #1  

BGigHarbor

Gold Member
Tractor
.l5460, bcs 725, 852
I just changed the fiters on my l5460 hydraulics. The hoses going forward at the hydraulic filter were really tight in there and getting a strap on that filter was a pain.

Now I can't remember how the hoses were routed right at the hydraulic filter (not the hst filter). Should have taken a pic.

Anyone know if the lower hose should best be routed free of the hydraulic filter or crammed back between that filter and the frame bracket? When free it's more likely to be snagged, but if if pushed between the filter and the frame bracket it's tight enough I am concerned about abrasion on the hose. I am leaning toward just routing the hose around the filter freely.

Here's a pic of that filter with the hose routed around the filter rather than between the filter and the bracket.

house_routing.jpg

/ l5460 hose routing near hydraulic filter #2  
I just changed the fiters on my l5460 hydraulics. The hoses going forward at the hydraulic filter were really tight in there and getting a strap on that filter was a pain.

Now I can't remember how the hoses were routed right at the hydraulic filter (not the hst filter). Should have taken a pic.

Anyone know if the lower hose should best be routed free of the hydraulic filter or crammed back between that filter and the frame bracket? When free it's more likely to be snagged, but if if pushed between the filter and the frame bracket it's tight enough I am concerned about abrasion on the hose. I am leaning toward just routing the hose around the filter freely.

Here's a pic of that filter with the hose routed around the filter rather than between the filter and the bracket.

View attachment 384418

I just now read your question. I'll look at my L5460 hydraulic filter/hose routing and reply sometime later today.

Bill

/ l5460 hose routing near hydraulic filter #3  
Not good to leave any hoses 'flopping'. Too easy to snag on something and cause a leak and if still running can run fluid dry and MAJOR hst probs. Tuck the hose behind and tight and safe - if your worried about it rubbing then cut a piece of fuel/radiator/garden hose length wise and wrap it with wire ties around the line where it rubs. Had the same prob when my frnt power steering hoses needed replacement from rubbing on the frame and used stock hoses to do it. They were only long enough to run the same route as what caused the leak so I wrapped the line in 2 spots with garden hose. Poor design in routing the hoses. Also you could get a custom hose made longer/shorter and run it how you see fit. Good Luck. KW