Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

Default L-35 loader problem....

I was using a friends L-35 loader today and when I went to raise the loader bucket, it would start to drop like a stone. It didn't do it every time, but just enough to make one not want to do any work with it until the problem was rectified. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? The machine has low hours, but is out of warranty by age.

Tractor
    Kubota B3350 HSDC

Default Re: L-35 loader problem....

Almost sounds like the four-way (or whatever)valve is bad because it acts like it is switching to the float position which will give you the immediate drop.

Tractor
    all makes and models

It would be interesting to know how much it dropped or would drop. It could be the valve as Sandy suggested as that sounds logical.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST 4WD, BX2350

When you say that it starts to drop.. do you mean it drops a foot or so and then stops?

Could be air in the hydraulic lines.. although I wouldn't think the drop would be substantial unless you have a problem with your hydraulic pump.

You might want to check the Hydro levels.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

the fluids have been checked and I doubt that there is air in the system since it hadn't been apart or oil changed in a while. It will drop a foot or more when this happens, but it doesn't happen every time. Just enough to make it a problem if you are trying to lift something from a truck bed as an example. It will drop and dent the side of the bed if you are lifting from the side....

Bronze Member

I would check the lift cylinders for by-pass through the seals. If you extend the cylinders all the way out remove the hoses on the rod end and cap the hoses hit extend very little oil should come out the port on the cylinders. You may need to remove the cylinders to test them. Think about it carefully before you try this be safe. This is a common cause of weak hydraulic cylinders.

Tractor
    all makes and models

It would be interesting to play with the valve to get a handle on it as to exactly when it does it. You might want to try moving the lever differently and see if there are any other performance issues here.

I used to think bad seals inside the hydraulic cylinders could be the cause until I read this:

http://www.tractorsmart.com/Kubota%2...ice%20Tips.htm