Starting Problems

/ Starting Problems #1  

Seweth

Tractor
Kubota L3710D
My L3710 is having starting issues. New Battery seems to be holding charge. When I turn the key, there is a clicking sound and then nothing. All the lights are gone, as if there is not power at all. Yesterday, I jumped the tractor off with my truck and assumed that the new battery was not holding charge. But this morning, when I hooked my charger to the battery it registered at 100%. Checked the fuses to see if that might be an issue, but it continues despite the fact that all fuses are good. Any suggestions?

/ Starting Problems #2  
Check your battery cables, sometimes they will corrode.

/ Starting Problems
I replaced the cable ends with the battery about 6 months back. The tractor has always started great. This problem just started. Once the clicking starts, all power seems to disappear. I will recheck the cables and ground connections. Wondered if this might be a solenoid issue.

/ Starting Problems #4  
I had the exact same thing happen to me with new L3200. I checked everything you checked and all seemed good. Ground cable from battery to frame was tight and looked have good ground and the crimps on cable ends were tight. Took ground cable off and took wire brush to frame and put crimped end in vise and gave it a little pinch. Started it and Haven't had a problem sense knock on wood. Worth a try.

/ Starting Problems
Thanks for the help. Cleaned battery posts today. Did get the lights up on dash, but blew a fuse when trying to start. Electrical short somewhere? My fuse box cover is unreadable so I am no sure what all is in play yet.

/ Starting Problems #6  
A healthy battery should have a 12.4 or 12.5 reading when not charging,
Ideally" it should have 14.1 to 14.4 volts when charging by the alt.
With the engine off, and no lights etc "on",, if you take an amp meter and put it "between" your negative post and cable, you should have less than a 50 ma reading. Anything more indicates a drain somewhere.

/ Starting Problems
Thanks. When I first developed the problem, two days ago, I checked the fuse box and found a 10 amp fuse blown. I replaced it. Yesterday I put my charger on the battery, but the battery was at 100%. I still had no power show on the panel board at all, no lights. I reached my hand up under the panel board and moved some of the wiring around, did the same on the battery cables, alternator, etc. Had lights on the panel board. When I turned the switch, same clicking sound, along with some other sounds, the lights went out and the same fuse had blown. I cannot read the fuse box cover. The fuse is the next to the last fuse on the bottom. Does anyone know what that is to?

/ Starting Problems
Now there is no power at the dash, no lights. Battery shows @ 12 volts, and 12 volts at the alternator. All fuses are good. But it is as though there is no battery at all. Took the dash off to see if mice had chewed up any wires. Looked good.

/ Starting Problems #9  
Not sure where it is on your model but usually up by the battery there will usually be a fuse block with large fuses for the glow plugs, alternator etc.. Check this block for a good connection, had the one on my L3130 start acting up and had to clean it up and also check the tap feeding it off the battery.

David Kb7uns

/ Starting Problems #10  
I typed a bunch of crap then noticed your last note about no dash or lights. Follow the ground wire or use a jumper cable from the battery ground to the frame and see if that helps. Make sure PTO not engaged(mid or rear).