Grading FEL straight blade?

/ FEL straight blade? #1  

soarkrebel

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000DT
I was reading an old magazine from 1990 that i found . i saw an ad for Kubota tractors that showed accessorys for FEL's . it showed the normal bucket , a snowblower and a straight blade.
I have never seen a straight blade for a FEL . has anyone else? and if so where could one get one and are they useful?

/ FEL straight blade? #2  
Soarkrebel, Kubota's brochure still has the FEL Blade. See attachment.
TXDon

Attachments

• 356037-front blade.jpg
    356037-front blade.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 336
   / FEL straight blade? #3  
Interesting post.

I have a western snowplow coming that I got for $200.00. I am going to fab a mount that will attach to the Bobcat style quick attach on the front of my 5030. I think it will be great for plowing snow especially in H range at 18 mph.

/ FEL straight blade? #4  
19 MPH should make your life (for as long as it lasts) very interesting! I once got a ride in a BIG state highway plow truck after my van got stuck on top of 24" of snow, with the wheels just spinning in air mixed with a little snow. My wife was driving, so no comments. Cruising down the interstate at 50 MPH in a big Mack with a 12' plow was different. The driver couldn't help but tell tales about rookie plow drivers, like the guy who didn't know about the railroad tracks crossing the highway. You can imagine what the message was. Have fun.

/ FEL straight blade? #5  
I've seen many on here fabricating a front blade but had no idea kubota offered one. I'm surprised no one on here has mentioned it before. I wonder how its supposed to hook onto the FEL and how much they cost?

/ FEL straight blade? #6  
For a factory setup, you probably have to pull your cross pins where the bucket attaches to the loader arms.

Daryl mentioned having a universal skidsteer attach on his tractor. After having used Bobcats and Cat skidsteers and tracked loaders recently, I would(IMHO, of course) say that mount is the way to go. Takes only a few seconds to swap out front attachments.

I think it might even be great for a "quick hitch" setup for the 3pt, which I find to be a pain in the patootsie; why after 60 some odd years has it not been improved?

/ FEL straight blade?
I could probably find many uses for one but i wonder the cost. i also wonder about the quick hitch design. changing the bucket the way it is i don't think would be to hard. just pull 4 bolts and pins . but i know they mame one thats easier for folks that use it for moving hay and switching back to a bucket.

I may check into one or try and make one.

I don't think my tractor will even do 18 mph! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FEL straight blade? #8  
<font color="red"> "but i wonder the cost" </font>

Wonder no more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The Kubota blade 72" - $1652. and the 84" $1980. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif What would it do better than a FEL and a boxblade in an area where there is no snow? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I could always use another implement if I can utilize it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
TXDon

/ FEL straight blade? #9  
Varmit:

18mph. Not 19. That's at maximum rated rpm in H range.

I usually pull my hay implements down the road at that speed as my hayfields are somewhat far apart.

Last year, I used the FEL for plowing/pushing snow on the road at 18mph. I floated the bucket with it just slightly rolled back. Worked real well. I think a blade, especially with power angle will be better.

The blade will have to wait until next winter though. Right now I don't have the time to fabricate the mount. It will be a yard ornament this year.

/ FEL straight blade? #10  
Robert:

My dealer delivered my Lucknow 78" blower the other day and one of the mechanics, Ken, brought it out.

I asked him if they stocked the quick attach frame with no implement attached and he told me that they did. With that in mind, you could fabricate anything to fit on the frame, from a bale spear to a snowplow.

It is really easy to remove the front bucket. You just rotate 2 levered pins, roll the loader forward and back out. Re- hooking the bucket is the reverse. Takes about a minute each way.

The longest amount of time spent is getting out of the cab and unlocking and then relocking the arm/pin assembly. Maybe I should investigate hydraulic locks.