B2650 ROPS 50 hours of use

/ B2650 ROPS 50 hours of use #1  

daveinwestmi

Tractor
Kubota B2650, Power King 1618
I purchased a B2650 in May. Purchased with the LA534 loader with the SSQA 54 bucket, 3rd function valve kit for a future grapple and snow blade, R4 tires, telescopic lower links (installed in under 5 minutes), and a RCR1548 cutter. It is almost too big for some jobs in the woods and a more than once I wished for more loader capacity so I guess it is the right size. The R4 tire seem to be a good comprise, R1 would be better moving through the woods and clearing old drainage ditches that are still muddy in August but the R4 don't tear up the lawn as I move wood chips, pavers, brush, large landscaping boulders and anything else SWMBO thinks needs to be moved as long as it's not in 4wd. No mechanical problems up to this point.

I believe in supporting the local dealer so I picked up the oil and filters for the 50 hour service from him. I was interested to see how the parts prices lined up with the on-line sellers, the filters where a little less expensive than the on-line stores and the oil was the same price. Didn't have to pay shipping but did have local sales tax.

The Titan clamp-on pallet forks along with Kens bolt on bucket hooks are great for moving brush piles, railroad ties and bulky items. Found a lightly used Wallenstein BX42 chipper which seems to be a good match for the B2650's power as long as I don't let it feed to fast. Dry 4 maple has stalled it a couple of times, other than that it will chip almost anything that will fit down the chute without dragging the RPM down. Swapped out the standard Kubota tool box which is barely 12 long for a 20 Speeco, now I can actually carry some tools and hardware. A 55 gallon barrel 3/4 full of cement to replace the cutter as rear ballast is the next project.

At 50 hours I'm pleased with tractor just wondering why I waited so long to upgrade from the 1980 Power King that I have used for 35 years. The Power King will still do lawn mowing, leaf pickup with the tow behind vacuum and snow blowing.

Dave

/ B2650 ROPS 50 hours of use #2  
The 2650 is a working beast. I would look into a snow blower for it as it will allow you to get seat time 12 months per year! I have both a blower and blade that I use for my gravel drive depending on whether the ground is frozen or not. I am jealous of your cab!!!