What is the story of the B26

/ What is the story of the B26 #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
When looking to buy my L4060 with TLB, I looked at the B26 online. It's got a pretty strong FEL and BH for it's size. The TLB is pretty comparable to the TLB addon for the L4060, but the HP is allot lower along with the weight of the machine. The B26 weighs about 4000 lbs with everything on it and the L4060 without the TLB on it weighs about 3500 pounds. If you add the TLB, the weight would be I'm guessing 5000 pounds. What am I missing here?

/ What is the story of the B26 #2  
It's pretty much the general B versus L difference. The L is a bigger heavier tractor. B is smaller and lighter. There is some overlap in usability for sure, but they are two very different chassis. If you see them in person it is very obvious.

/ What is the story of the B26
The B26 seems like it is a very capable machine, especially with the TLB strength, but the weight of the machine don't seem like it would be heavy enough to handle the power of the TLB. My L3800 TLB does not have as strong of a TLB and I push that machine around with the BH fairly easy. I do like the B26 setup and the price though.

/ What is the story of the B26 #4  
I have a B26 with about 12 hours on it and am currently trying to determine if the pressure relief valve is set correctly because the loader is very weak. It'll lift a load of dirt but beyond that it goes into "bypass" with not too much more weight. The boom cylinders on the FEL are small (2"). I suspect the PRV is set correctly because the backhoe will move the B26 all over the place.

/ What is the story of the B26 #5  
When looking to buy my L4060 with TLB, I looked at the B26 online. It's got a pretty strong FEL and BH for it's size. The TLB is pretty comparable to the TLB addon for the L4060, but the HP is allot lower along with the weight of the machine. The B26 weighs about 4000 lbs with everything on it and the L4060 without the TLB on it weighs about 3500 pounds. If you add the TLB, the weight would be I'm guessing 5000 pounds. What am I missing here?

You're off by about a grand on the 'L' weight - my L4200 TLB is a little over 6000 pounds. That being said, the B26 is more of a construction machine than a farm tractor. It's rugged - hub/axle/etc castings are closer in size and weight to the L-frame models, and the backhoe/loader are similar in strength to those mounted on Ls. It's basically an L-strength machine in a B-sized package. I have a friend who has one - it's a really nice machine. Capable and cute at the same time...although we did have the rear end floating in the air once lifting something really heavy with the bucket (done it with my L too, but not with the backhoe attached), so there IS some down side to the lighter weight.

/ What is the story of the B26 #6  
I have a B26 with about 12 hours on it and am currently trying to determine if the pressure relief valve is set correctly because the loader is very weak. It'll lift a load of dirt but beyond that it goes into "bypass" with not too much more weight. The boom cylinders on the FEL are small (2"). I suspect the PRV is set correctly because the backhoe will move the B26 all over the place.

Sounds like a potential issue - might be the loader valve relief, which probably has an adjustment screw. I've seen a B26 lift some REALLY heavy stuff with the loader - enough to lift the rear end off the ground.

/ What is the story of the B26
I contemplated going with the B26 instead of the L4060. The B26 would work for me, but I feel like going from a L3800 to a B26 is going down size instead of up. I don't need much more power than my L3800, but I do want some improvement. Then again, maybe the B26 is a step up. I am pretty excited about HST+, throttle up switch and the H-DS switch though. Those would be very useful to me.

/ What is the story of the B26 #9  

Your 4060 and 3800 tractors are not TLBs. A TLB will let you move the seat 180 degrees to run the BH.

/ What is the story of the B26 #10  
Your 4060 and 3800 tractors are not TLBs. A TLB will let you move the seat 180 degrees to run the BH.

This.

Also, the Kubota TLBs are (as others have noted) not just Ag machines with a backhoe tossed onto the 3-pt. They are engineered specifically as TLBs, though there are shared components and frame sections. The M59 has a 3-pt capability you can use. Not sure about the B26.

I'd say the biggest change you will feel is the seat swivel. No climbing out over muddy tires to get onto the hoe. Just swivel and go. Your major controls will still be within reach (on your left facing back). It's nice.

But no cabs on the Kubota TLB series.