adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect

/ adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I fixed the detents on one of my rear valves (removed the balls, much MUCH better now) and decided at the same time to add quick connects on one of the valves that didn’t have them. I'm finding the threads on the adapter between the valve and QC... on the valve side are probably metric. Having trouble finding the right adapter, but will admit haven't checked with a dealer. Can the right adapter be bought on line?

/ adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect #3  
I go to the local hydraulics shop with stuff like that, there seems to be more combinations of hydraulic components than stars in the sky. I've wasted so much money buying things that don't fit, it's easier just to pay them more money to get the right part the first time.

/ adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect #4  
Having metric threads would be very unusual unless the valve is a cheapy from China or Korea-most Kubota valve are made by Husco.. My 2c says they are ORB/SAE style, can you post some pics?

/ adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect
Well something a bit strange is going on here. Yesterday I bought a couple of QC from TSC, Pioneer 4250 for the new QC on my 2nd valve. I took the adapter that was in the QC that I had on one valve, that QC is Parker 0312-001. I stopped at 3 local hydraulic shops, trying to buy something that will screw into my Kubota valve....using that adapter as a guide to what I need. The part going into the valve is between an oring 4 to 6. None of the shops had anything.

Now this morning I double checked all of this, and found the adapter that fits the Parker, is too large to screw into the Pioneer???? By just a tiny bit. 1/2" adapters that screw into the Pioneer screw into the Parker but has a LOT of slop. To add to this, a friend borrowed my tractor and busted the adapter you see in this pic on one of the Parker valves, so I need one just like in the lower right of this picture. Bottom line, these QCs are different. I still also need something to screw into these Kubota valve for the new Pioneer QCs.

Really confused at this point.

/ adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect #6  
I suspect now the valve may have BSPP threads, they are often confused with ORB/SAE types. Do you have a way to accurately measure the threads? If so then Google "BSPP thread chart"

Geezzz why do they do this.

I called a local dealer. He wasn't sure if they was metric or not but said Kubota did that 'for awhile' and the threads are different.

But then why is the QC side different?

I'll take what you see in the picture to the dealer Monday, says he has one adapter in stock. Going to take that visit to the dealer to get it right.

For anyone interested.....

The thread going into the Kubota valve is BSPP #6. The back side of the Parker is 5/8 NPT, the Pioneer being 1/2 NPT.

Kubota dealer had one adapter which fixed me up on the Parker. Had to piece the other together with adapters from a heavy equipment place.

Kind of nutty how Kubota has done this.

/ adapter between Kubota valve and quick connect #9  
Thanks for the update JC, I had suspected BSPP as noted in post #6-glad to hear its coming together for you.