Loader My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830?

/ My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830? #1  

Plow Paul

Tractor
Kubota BX1850
I have a BX1830 that I bought new in 2005 without a loader (big mistake). Now has 345 hours in like new condition.

I wanted to get a loader for it, ordered an LA211 from dealer, but the estimated arrival time kept getting pushed out, so I cancelled the order.

Is is possible to retrofit the newer LA203 onto the BX1830?

Thanks!

/ My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830? #2  
I doubt anyone here has tried it, so I don't think you'll get a definitive answer, but I'd guess that the LA203 won't fit on your BX1830 without modification. I thought Kubota changed how the loaders pin to the tractor since your BX1830 came out, but not sure. If you're a top notch fabricator and welder, you could probably make it work, but otherwise, I'd stay away from that option. Did the dealer tell you what is causing the delay in getting the LA211 loader? And welcome to TBN by the way.

Oh, what about Woods? Thought they use to make loaders and backhoes for all the BXs. Did you look into that?

/ My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830? #3  
Ditto on the Woods. I've got a Woods loader on my B7800. No problems with it at all.

/ My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830?
I looked into the Woods then one Kubota dealer said they could order a new LA211. Like I said earlier, I ordered and cancelled due to having the estimated time of arrival postponed three times. I should have been patient. Last month I saw a Craigslist BX1850 with 48" mower and LA203 30 min away with 135 hours. I assumed it would be similar to mine..pretty much verbally committed to buy it, so I went and got it. I can't afford to have two BX tractors, so I have to sell one. The BX 1830 has bigger wheels and beefier front axle, and I'm hesitant to sell it after seeing the smaller BX1850 next to it. The 54" mower on the 1830 has bigger spindles and is much more robust than the 48" on the 1850, which has never been used, as it was worked solely on a house building project. That's why I asked if an LA203 would fit an 1830...but I now realize the wheelbase is shorter on the 1850 and so it probably isn't practical to try to adapt it to fit. Thanks for your comments.

/ My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830? #5  
The LA211 probably keeps getting pushed back because they only run them in batches and only a couple of times a year. I got lucky last year and
found a used one for my BX2230. I think the valve setup is very different on the LA203, also.

/ My First Post: Can LA203 Loader be fitted to BX1830?
The LA211 probably keeps getting pushed back because they only run them in batches and only a couple of times a year. I got lucky last year and
found a used one for my BX2230. I think the valve setup is very different on the LA203, also.

When I ordered, I was told ETA of 2 weeks, which I'll admit sounded too good to be true. Then it was pushed out a couple more weeks, then a month, so I just cancelled. Now if I had been contacted ahead of time by the dealer and told all this, instead of contacting them at around the ETA and then being told it's going to be another 2 weeks..I might have left well enough alone. I missed out on a 1600.00 LA211 that sold on eBay a while back...should have had that on saved searches! Or better yet, should have gotten the FEL when I got the tractor new, would have come in handy with the deep snow VA has had in past few years.