Broken loader pins

/ Broken loader pins #1  

Gasser

Tractor
Kubota BX25DLB-1
This is my 1st post on the forum, but I don't consider myself a newbie! I've been hiding in the background until I got my new tractor.
Here is my issue/question...
I have 30 hours on my new BX25D and I have broken 3 loader pins. I have run equipment for years, and previously owned a NH TZ25, and have never broken anything on a tractor before. I am not running the Kubota and differently than I ran the NH or the Case CK48 that I have thousands of hours on. Is this a Kubota loader (LA240) issue or is it my issue?
:confused:

/ Broken loader pins
Kubota part "Loader Pin #8"
All 4 pins have a hole in one end that the bolt goes through.
There are 4 pins on the FEL, 1 above and 1 below the cylinder and one on each end of the loader arms.
It's the two outside pins that connect to the loader arms that are breaking.
Nope-didn't bother to take a picture.

/ Broken loader pins #5  
Sounds like the cylinders have too much travel or the wrong ones were installed.
Perhaps some internal limiters are missing.

/ Broken loader pins #6  
Breaking a loader pin takes some serious stress. This is a brand new tractor - I would definitely let the dealer handle this situation.

/ Broken loader pins #7  
Kubota part "Loader Pin #8"
All 4 pins have a hole in one end that the bolt goes through.
There are 4 pins on the FEL, 1 above and 1 below the cylinder and one on each end of the loader arms.
It's the two outside pins that connect to the loader arms that are breaking.
Nope-didn't bother to take a picture.

Did the pin shear or break at the bolt hole?

What were you doing when they broke?

Pictures would help.

Is it like this one?
download.jpg

/ Broken loader pins
Did the pin shear or break at the bolt hole?

What were you doing when they broke?

Pictures would help.

Is it like this one?
View attachment 395131

Yes, that is the loader, and the pin shears right in the middle. I spoke to the dealer and they said they had never seen it before, and especially not 3 pins on the same tractor. They didn't offer to look at it but they did give me 2 replacement pins.

/ Broken loader pins #9  
Yes, that is the loader, and the pin shears right in the middle. I spoke to the dealer and they said they had never seen it before, and especially not 3 pins on the same tractor. They didn't offer to look at it but they did give me 2 replacement pins.

Unreal! I would drive over to check it out if I was the dealer. :banghead:

/ Broken loader pins #10  
Breaking in the middle is a new one. We did just have a fellow come in and complain on a larger Kubota but his problem is his help, not greased, pins were dry, sheared the bolts to hold the pins in.
I'd say yours is a alignment problem. Bucket or boom is out.