Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM?

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #1  

PA-Kubota

Tractor
2008 BX2350
Looking to purchase a trailer to cary my BX2350. Questions 1- what's the Kubota weight? 2-minimun size needed W x L?

thanks

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #2  
I asked questions about trailers from several people when I started buying Kubotas. My first Kubota was a BX, then a B and then a BX plus an L and then back to a B and BX and on from there to BXs, Bs, Fs and even a Kubota RTV.
Anyway, most people recommended a single axle for the BX, which is usually 3500 lbs weight capacity trailer. Some said dual axle only (3500 x 2= 7000 lb weight capacity) but didn't know why. Have a brother in law that used trailers for transporting "stuff" often. Asked him finally and he said dual axle only and of course I asked why since I didn't need the weight capacity. He said a flat tire on a single axle is a bad, bad, bad or can be a bad, bad, bad thing and logically thinking I could see that so dual axle search began. I found 12' and 16' dual axle trailers as the most standard available. I thought I wanted a 14' since it would handle my BX and maybe some implements and would be less length to worry about. The dealer had 12' and 16' but no 14' on hand. I was sticking to the 14' plan and asked price difference and he told me none, he charged the same for 14' or 16' soooo I left with a 16' which I used for years until this year when I got a new 16' Gatormade with tailgate lift assist (tailgate lift assist essential for me) and traded my old 16' to a 12' (yes, dual axle) used trailer with mostly new deck boards.
Over the years the original 16' carried my BXs, Bs and the L but it was probably overloaded with the Grand L figuring in the weight of the trailer itself but it still did it but I wouldn't, probably, do it again today unless I just had to.:D
The dual axle 16' will haul your BX and implements which helps make your tractor be able to do lots more jobs. A 14' would also do it but most people think of 12' or 16' which makes them more sellable if you decide to get rid of it. The 16' will also handle bigger "stuff" if you decide to move to a bigger tractor one day.
You will now hear/read from many people to get brakes on your trailer and some states require it and some require it if your weight exceeds a certain number. My first one didn't have brakes (my new Gatormade does but I have no brake controller on my truck) and no more than I use it there was no problem and Ky doesn't require them for what I was hauling. Yes, brakes are better and safer if your vehicle has a brake controller, an expensive add on to vehicles. A trailer with brakes and no brake controller on the vehicle is..... well I guess you can figure that out.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #3  
Yes, brakes are better and safer if your vehicle has a brake controller, an expensive add on to vehicles. A trailer with brakes and no brake controller on the vehicle is..... well I guess you can figure that out.

I don't recall what we paid to put a brake controller in our Aerostar for our camper, but I think it was maybe a few hundred tops with installation back in 1999. When we replaced it with an Expedition in 2004, I moved it over myself in about an hour or 2 and most of that time was looking up wiring diagrams and such. If you have a trailer package on your truck, it likely has everything pre-wired under the dash all the way back to the rear end. Amazon has a variety of brake controllers from $20 up to $350, but most are in the $100 or less range.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #4  
Depending on what you have on the tractor, somewhere around 2000 lbs. A big question is what will be on the tractor when you move it? If its a end loader and a brush hog, a BX gets long in a hurry. You need a 16' trailer then. If its just the bare tractor, a single axle might be OK. You also have to worry about width if you have a 60" deck on the BX. I would recommend a 16' dual axle trailer with brakes on at least one axle.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #5  
JohnThomas and Dodge Man are correct...think of your future implements. I bought a 10' trailer for "stuff", then when I got the BX, I traded up to a 12' - wide enough for the mower deck when I took the sideboards off. I thought I had the perfect set up. Then, I got a brush hog... Ended up trading up to a 16' dual axle. With the loader and brush hog mounted, the hog's rear wheel hangs off the back of the trailer. I went with an aluminum trailer (car hauler) cause I cant stand watching trailers rust. :)

Attachments

• image-2573983336.jpg
    image-2573983336.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 354
   / Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #6  
16' TuffTrailer for my BX24. With the hog mounted, the hog's wheel just hangs off the back of the trailer.

Dual axle with hydraulic disc surge brakes on both axles. Same setup I use on my boat trailer. It works very well and doesn't require an in-vehicle controller. I'm probably the only one around here who prefers surge brakes. Comes from dipping a trailer in salt water on a regular basis I guess.

Z.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #7  
Without telling why, I bought a 12 ft tandem axle (7 M) years ago when I owned a Lawn & Garden tractor with a 48 inch deck. It served well for hauling rock, dirt, gravel etc. as well as the tractor. But then I gradually moved up to Kubota BX & B models. Well, now I wish that I had a 16 foot rig. My B2620 fits fine with 60 inch MMM and the FEL, but I could not haul a rear finish mower or back hoe. So I guess you all figured out that the reason "why" I bought a 12 ft model.....viz., I didn't know any better. But for my current needs my 12 footer is fine.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM?
Just got back from the local Kubota dealer and they suggest a 5 x 12 single axle rated for 2200 load and 2990 gross for $1800. Don't ever think will need to get more attachments as we don't get into farming/gardening(big garden). Looking mainly for around the house projects landscaping and interior house upgrades next year along with digging Mom's house out during heavy snows. Local home depot has them and will check it out

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #10  
You can get away with single axle rated for 3500 for bx but You wont be able to have a safe place for FEL nor move BX for better balance on the trailer. with a 16 ft and dual axles, its the best setup. you have room to add other implements in back, it might be tight depending on what you hook up with FEL still on. Everyone is right .. 14 or bigger is the ideal setup. With a single axle - its pretty easy to overload or be right at the limit with the trailer with a full tank of fuel, loaded tires, straps/chains/binders/ other implements , etc.