RTV 1100 Starting problem

/ RTV 1100 Starting problem #1  

rockncreek

Tractor
JD 2355 and JD 5100M
I have a 2008 RTV 1100. Yesterday the engine would not turn over. and I got the tell tale click that in my limited experience indicated a low battery. I load tested the battery and it was bad, according to the load tester. Today I purchased a new battery with ample CCA. I installed the battery and when I turned the key to the start position all I got was the same click and with the other battery. I rechecked the terminals,cleaned and still the same results. I checked the connection to the starter and no issue. I called my dealer and the service dept was not much help other than to say bring the unit into the shop. I continued to try to start the RTV off and on all day and was more than a little frustrated. This evening I turned the key rapidly a few time and it turned over and started. Now I am wondering if it could be a switch issue. Anybody out there ever experienced this problem?

/ RTV 1100 Starting problem #2  
Possibly the key switch or the solenoid on the starter. Next time it happens try bypassing the key. If it still happens then it is likely the starter solenoid.

/ RTV 1100 Starting problem
Thank you! Will give that a try. Appreciate the feedback.