Any Photos of L3540 with Backhoe subframe mounted?

/ Any Photos of L3540 with Backhoe subframe mounted? #1  

Herkypilot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 HDC12, KX040 & L3540 HST
I also posted this over on Orange tractor -

I'm looking for photos of a Grand L3540 / LA724 loader with the Kubota Backhoe subframe mounted. I have a project of converting my 3pt hitch backhoe to a subframe mounted unit. I bought a BH4996 subframe kit off of eBay. Kubota calls for the BH4996A kit so I am planning to do some modifications to the kit I bought to adapt it to my tractor. As is said, one picture is worth a thousand words. In this case I'm hoping for more than just one.

I've done some research on this kit and I think it was the original kit for the 3540 w/the BH 75 backhoe and was somehow modified to become the "BH4996A". I'm not opposed to doing some welding and cutting on the subframe as required to make it fit. I'm looking forward to having a more solid mount for the hoe.

HP

/ Any Photos of L3540 with Backhoe subframe mounted?
Looks like I found a diamond in the rough. As I suspected, the BH4996 subframe kit was advertised as fitting the L2800/L3400 tractor. I also asked the seller (Messicks) whether this kit would fit the L3540. Their one word answer was "No". That was actually incorrect. I did a bit more research and bought it anyway, figuring I'd just work with it by modifying it to suit my needs. I did a bit more searching and found this table in a 2012 whole goods listing for "B" models. This table shows by Kubota backhoe, which subframe kit you need. The older BH4996 is matched with the L3540 but it says the seat kit must also be ordered. The newer BH4996A doesn't require the seat kit. Since I'm not mounting a Kubota backhoe, I don't think I need it. I'm still looking for pictures for those with an L3540 w/subframe.

HP

Subrame listing by tractor.jpg