M9540 Bogging Down

/ M9540 Bogging Down #21  
The circle part is where the inlet is and where the blockage typically occurs. Pop out bolt "A" to remove the housing, undo the hose clamps with some pliers, remove screw "B" to release the stopcock, blow out the housing and the fuel hose with compressor (or your lungs, doesn't really matter just one tastes less funny than the other) and reassemble. You should hear bubbling in the tank when you blow though the hose. Might as well clean out the inside of the housing while you have it off. Fill the cup up with some diesel, push on the primer on top of the housing till it is firm, unscrew the bleeder valve on the injector pump, fire it up, then while it is running go back and screw down the bleeder valve.

fuelblockage_zps620b147d.jpg
I was experiencing the same issues and this solved my problem. there was some junk preventing the fuel from flowing through inlet unobstructed. Great post with the diagram. Thanks

/ M9540 Bogging Down #22  
That's really a great thing that you take the time to take a picture and add the steps as well. Everyone here I think really tries hard to help each other,.. good on you all, and glad to hear your problem is solved too btw

/ M9540 Bogging Down #23  
Had the same thing you're referring to happen on a M4900 water separator valve.
Had same problem, found junk at entrance to fuel separator, took off, cleaned & sure enough that was it. thanks TX jim

/ M9540 Bogging Down #24  
You're very welcome
Jim

/ M9540 Bogging Down #25  
thanks dixiedrifter for this very useful troubleshooting info. will keep in mind for my own 8540. good eye & well stated regards
Thank you dixiedrifter. my m9540 was bogging down after reading your post I found the on/off valve O-ring was the problem. she runs like new now. I was seeing the fuel level going up and down I guess sucking air past the O-ring

/ M9540 Bogging Down #26  
Outstanding dialog ! That's a great example of "strength in numbers" owning or buying or using almost anything more complex than a water bucket.

I do not own a 9000 series Kubota so maybe Texas (and others) would appreciate pointers as to finding the Primer and the Bleeder Valve. [I know I had to hunt for mine on a different brand tractor and the Owner's manual did NOT help.]

Good work Dixie !

/ M9540 Bogging Down #27  
Old thread here... but still has traction in my book. Was having problems with my 08 m9540 and came across this thread. It solved my problem, so thank you fellas! Here are a couple pictures of the clogged up elbow I found. The clog is pieces of grass it appears. I laid them out on some white paper so you can see what can build up over time. My tractor has 2,500 hours on it. I bought it with 1,800 hours and I don't know if this was the first time the elbow had gotten clogged or not.

Attachments

• 072A2286-69E8-4FEC-B219-7DB66F169520.jpeg
    072A2286-69E8-4FEC-B219-7DB66F169520.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • 8DF058E7-FB4D-4C22-9C10-8156A6F9BE46.jpeg
    8DF058E7-FB4D-4C22-9C10-8156A6F9BE46.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • CF4DE31F-53B6-4EE2-81A7-3F869B88DBF0.jpeg
    CF4DE31F-53B6-4EE2-81A7-3F869B88DBF0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
   / M9540 Bogging Down #28  
That is interesting debris to have in the fuel tank. Small sticks or pine needles? Maybe the previous owner did not take care to keep foreign material out when fueling.

/ M9540 Bogging Down #29  
That is interesting debris to have in the fuel tank. Small sticks or pine needles? Maybe the previous owner did not take care to keep foreign material out when fueling.
Sounds like it's Racor time to me. Then, no matter how much junk you get in the fuiel tank, none of it ever gets to the primary filter or the sediment bowl.

Did a thread under Kubota owning and operating on it. Easy to install and filter 10 times better than the Kubota spin on filters.

/ M9540 Bogging Down #30  
Gentlemen, I have a '12 M9540 with 128 hours, had it recently serviced, been an awesome tractor. I pull a 10' Woods shredder and the other day I was mowing some not too high grass and the tractor started bogging down, went from 540 down to 450 or so (don't recall the RPM), then it would get its balls back and run ok for a few minutes and then the same deal, took forever to finish mowing.

I blew out the air filter, checked everything all was good. Drove it in high gear down the road wide open at 22mph without the PTO engaged and it would run smooth for 30 seconds and then bog down and almost die, but would then run great again after 30 seconds or so, it's very intermittent.
Replaced both fuel filters, same deal, can't figure it out, it bogs down with or without the PTO engaged. The fuel filter swap didn't change anything.

Wondering if anyone had any ideas, hate to take it to the shop if it's something I can fix.
Thanks...
I've got a JD 5075E that twice has died when the fuel gauge showed half a tank of fuel. Turns out that the gauge always shows half a tank or more. Strange behavior for a tractor with only 180 hours. Now I know that when it reads half a tank it's time to add some fuel.