BX2370 hydraulic leakdown

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #1  

chucky79

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1, Cub Cadet 1812, Cub Cadet 1810, Cub Cadet 1650
Maybe I never noticed it before, maybe I lowered my MMM in the past but I realized yesterday(and replicated it last night) that my MMM lowers or leaks down overnight. I think its normal from my reading but most post are about loaders and backhoes which are much heavier implements. I don't see any leaks and don't really know how long it takes to drop I just know it was lowered to my cutting height from full up from one night to the next morning. Got the tractor in May and has 44hrs so far. Sound normal? Yes I know from reading now that I should lower all implements for safety reasons but just wanna check since I just noticed this today.

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #2  
Don't have a MMM but if it's lift is hydraulically controlled then yes I would say it is normal but I will yield to others that have experience. That said, I always lower my FEL and any rear implement that might be on or pin my BH if attached, when I put her to bed.

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown
Yes its a hydraulic controlled lift. Ill lower it to the ground from now on for safety but just wanna confirm this is normal first.

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #4  
Yes its a hydraulic controlled lift. Ill lower it to the ground from now on for safety but just wanna confirm this is normal first.

It's normal to leak down over time. I haven't really paid attention to how long it takes on mine but I wouldn't be concerned about it lowering overnight.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #5  
IMHO that new of a mower shouldn't leak down that much in 1 night. If your mower was 5 years old or had 500 hours on it that would be acceptable but if its leaking down that much with 44 hours on its going to get worse.

I have a BX1850 that's 7 years old with 500 hours on it, takes it 2 weeks to leak down.

Its not a huge issue but I would inform my dealer and keep an eye on it. You have several years of warranty left to take care of it.

different views from different folks..... guess ill just keep tabs on her and let the dealer know just incase. How long is the warranty on new BX's? 2 or 3 years I thought I remember being told.

also, how harmful would it really be on using the tractor or implements without warming her up. As a newb I have started and moved the tractor in the past without giving it 3-5 minutes to warm up. I figure its not life altering and religiously wait for a few minutes now (and will even longer once winter hits) but just wondered if perhaps I could have caused some sort of harm by raising the deck/3ph arms or moving the tractor to quickly after startup in the beginning.

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #7  
Chucky - Most likely there is no impact from not warming up. However, the warm up time permits the piston and other mechanicals to expand to their operational tolerances. In the case of the piston for example a smaller diameter piston that is cold could "walk" up the cylinder risking damage to the skirts or cylinder. When the piston warms up and expands it is more likely to "fit" the cylinder and thereby eliminate the possibility of damage. As long as you are not running the RPMs way up or putting the tractor under load while cold you are probably fine.

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #8  
Chucky - Most likely there is no impact from not warming up. However, the warm up time permits the piston and other mechanicals to expand to their operational tolerances. In the case of the piston for example a smaller diameter piston that is cold could "walk" up the cylinder risking damage to the skirts or cylinder. When the piston warms up and expands it is more likely to "fit" the cylinder and thereby eliminate the possibility of damage. As long as you are not running the RPMs way up or putting the tractor under load while cold you are probably fine.
Good advice... unfortunately I pretty much start her up and go. I suppose it warms up a couple minutes by the time I get to the work spot.

/ BX2370 hydraulic leakdown #9  
Warranty from what I remember is one year on implements and 3 years on the powertrain, so your issue, if you even have one, may fall under the one year or three year period. You do know that you can keep the mmm up by mechanical means (vs locked hydraulic oil) by raising it up all the way and rotating the "height of cut" knob to "top". That should lock the deck up and keep it from leaking down by taking the pressure off the 3PH cylinder.

Warranty from what I remember is one year on implements and 3 years on the powertrain, so your issue, if you even have one, may fall under the one year or three year period. You do know that you can keep the mmm up by mechanical means (vs locked hydraulic oil) by raising it up all the way and rotating the "height of cut" knob to "top". That should lock the deck up and keep it from leaking down by taking the pressure off the 3PH cylinder.

yes that feature works fine. I use it often when hauling stuff on the 3ph in my carryall or using my trailer mover on the drawbar.