Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO #1  

eddieirvine

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3940
I ended up selling my L3010 and bought a used L3940 IMO it is the nicest Tractor I have owned several features I really love about this one! Ok my question I have most all the options on this that i consider nice QT bucket two rear cyl for tilt and level, only thing I would have liked to see and had on my L3010 is Mid PTO, I didn't use it on my 3010 so I am sure I can get by? But I am now thinking a snow blower for the front the rear ones have to many issues I don't like. So i have read some post here and there that I can add a Mid PTO to this model without splitting the tractor or any major work, a bolt on PTO? If you would let me know I did a search and I am sure this has been posted before, but not much came up for me. If you get the time let me know what you guys know about this and maybe a ball park figure on cost thank you Eddie.

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO #2  
You know you can also run a front blower off the rear pto. There's a gear box that hangs from rear pto and a loooooong driveshaft that goes under the tractor.

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO
No I didn't but speed was one of my concerns I have read where the rear and front pto are quite different in rpm. I would not be interested in doing that but thanks for the information, do you happen to know if the mid pto is a kit you bolt on?

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO #4  
From what I heard, all 40 series had to split the tractor to add the gear for the mid pto except the cab models.

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO #5  
He is correct it's expensive and it has to be split in half to do the job. The front pto is better for snow spins much faster 2000 ram instead of 540 big big difference

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO
bump to top

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO #7  
I have a 3 year old Kubota L3240. The Mid PTO was bolt on and took about an hour to install. I would have to look up the price but it was well worth the cost for the front mounted snow blower.

/ Kubota L 3940 Mid PTO #8  
MID-PTO Kits
L8338 Mid-PTO Kit K294L06 22 $377.00
All Grand L-40 Series
(ROPS Models L4240DT/GST/HST, L4740GST/HST,
L5040GST, L5240HST, L5740HST require
Internal Gear Kit L8316)

From 2013 whole goods, Fred