Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering?

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Greetings, I'll be picking my my new BX25D in the next week or so and Trailering it 150 miles home. What are the best tie down points? I'd really like to install 4 dedicated tie down rings at some point. Any pics of one properly secured to a trailer? Thanks....

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #2  
   / Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #3  
I use the 4". maybe 3" wide nylon? straps (Harbor Freight). Have used them on an L, several Bs and several BXs. I have a 16' utility trailer. I hook the ends on the side rails of the trailer near an upright point or under the edge of the floor of the trailer. I strap the BX25 across the front weight with the bucket curled down on its front edge. I run the strap across the floor of the back hoe platform and strap down.
I usually swing the BH bucket to one side getting the tractor on the trailer so bottom of back bucket doesn't drag the ground. I then adjust the BH from side to side to where I can get the gate lifted and closed. No pro but been doing it with no problem for 10 years. :2cents:

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #4  
I would advise you not to complicate things. I trailer my BX-25 with both buckets on the deck, the parking brake on, and one strap securing the front bucket and one securing the rear boom. You can see the straps in the photo. Regarding the parking brake, I found it a good practice to always tap the brake when I get on the tractor before throttling up. I would advise all new tractor owners to do this. If you plan on using your parking brake--and you don't do this--then you will operate the tractor with the brake on. It's just a matter of time.
Good luck with your new machine.

Attachments

• BX-25 Dealer EM.JPG
    BX-25 Dealer EM.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 2,354
   / Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #5  
I have a BX2370 with a FEL and we trailer it on a 10' trailer and we have to back it up onto the trailer until the 3pt hitch is hanging over the front rail of the trailer. Once that is done, we set the parking brake and then we dump the bucket all of the way then put it down on the trailer deck and we have about an inch between the top of the bucket and the ramp to spare for the tractor to move on the trailer. So we don't bother tieing it to the trailer in anyway.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #6  
I have a BX2370 with a FEL and we trailer it on a 10' trailer and we have to back it up onto the trailer until the 3pt hitch is hanging over the front rail of the trailer. Once that is done, we set the parking brake and then we dump the bucket all of the way then put it down on the trailer deck and we have about an inch between the top of the bucket and the ramp to spare for the tractor to move on the trailer. So we don't bother tieing it to the trailer in anyway.

Don't get caught not tying down the tractor. That could be a hefty fine for an unsecured load. I would not risk it.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #7  

That is ridiculous. Be sure to post a pic to the "share pics of people towing or hauling something wrong" thread.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #8  

I'll just say WOW!!!:shocked::shocked: to this. Believe a vouple more people gave more words than I'll do. My first thought was that a 10' trailer usually isn't rated to carry anything as heavy as a BX with FEL (mowing deck on it to?). You know the weight of the trailer itself has to be factored into the gross weight carrying ability of a certain trailer, don't you? I say this because I didn't and had transported an L3240 FEL on a 16' dual axle trailer rated at 7000 lbs and with the weight of the trailer was probably over the weight limit for the trailer. I use a 16' dual axle 7000lb capacity trailer now for my Bs, BXs and Fs. I do strap ALL of them down and always have.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #9  
That is ridiculous. Be sure to post a pic to the "share pics of people towing or hauling something wrong" thread.

I will be sure to post to that thread and can you really get pulled over and fined for an unsecured load?

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #10  
I will be sure to post to that thread and can you really get pulled over and fined for an unsecured load?

The answer is YES. Any load on a trailer must be secured, even something as small as a push mower on a trailer. It depends on what law enforcement officer sees the unsecured load and whether he wants to do the paperwork but it is illegal to have an unsecured load.