B2320 Cavitation sound when idling

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #1  

firemech

Silver Member
Tractor
U 25 Super Series Mini Excavator, Kubota B2320, Kubota L3400 HST with FEL and QA forks, Kubota RTV 500
Sold the B7510 with 3200 trouble free hours and bought a B2320 this spring. Tractor is working great, love the three range gear transmission compared to the 7510 two range but was wondering if anyone who has one has had cavitation sound when idling. Did the 50 hr. trans filter change and changed both the fluid and filter at 100 hrs. I cut the 2nd filter apart to check for filings but the filter looked good. The oil is and always has been clear, everything works and sounds fine but when idling the unit sounds like something is cavitating, sounds almost like a dry power steering pump. Dealer says not to worry but I am about to load it up for the 200 mile trip to the next closest dealer.

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #2  
Fan belt or maybe the water pump is pushing against a suck thermostat. Should have said stuck not suck but I guess if it is stuck that would definitely suck

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #3  
Most likely the cold hydraulic oil causing the pump to be a little noisey,due to it being thicker and harder to draw from the transmission.Probably normal,full synthetic fluid may quiet it down a touch or eliminate entirely...

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #4  
Did you check the suction screen.

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling
Definitely coming from the transaxle not the engine. Engine Temp is good but thanks for the input.

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling
Could be, but was doing it when temps were in the 70's; Am using the recommended Kubota UDT fluid. My 7510 was also a gear tractor and made no noises even at minus 40. Put 3500 hrs on that unit with no trans, steering or 3 point problems. Think The tractor will get a trip back to the dealer so that the concern is at least on record should something bugger up in the future.

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #7  
Mine was doing the same thought it was tranny.Whem The tractor was cold set at low idle id hear cavitating. Carefully put ur hand on the back of the oil filter mine was bypassing when cold. I'd simply bump the throttle just a bit and let it warm up. Hope that helps.

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #8  
Sold the B7510 with 3200 trouble free hours and bought a B2320 this spring. Tractor is working great, love the three range gear transmission compared to the 7510 two range but was wondering if anyone who has one has had cavitation sound when idling. Did the 50 hr. trans filter change and changed both the fluid and filter at 100 hrs. I cut the 2nd filter apart to check for filings but the filter looked good. The oil is and always has been clear, everything works and sounds fine but when idling the unit sounds like something is cavitating, sounds almost like a dry power steering pump. Dealer says not to worry but I am about to load it up for the 200 mile trip to the next closest dealer.

What brand of filters are you using? I tried to switch to napa which were cross referenced correctly, but the hyd filter was causing hyd pump to make noise. Put kubota filters back on and sound was gone.

Also mine will make different noises that sound like pump or engine, but are a hood, shield, or loader bolt rattleing, vibrating when the rpms are just right.

Just trying to clear the simple basics. Hope you get to the bottom of your issue.

/ B2320 Cavitation sound when idling #9  
Could be clogged suction screen, collapsed suction tube, or cold fluid/wrong fluid for your climate.

If you want to warm the fluid up fast, make the relief activate.