Grease Fittings

/ Grease Fittings #1  

BuddyBOTA3130

Tractor
Kubota 3130 HST
Someone's help with grease fitting experience requested. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Upon attempting to grease a fitting on side near bucket I pulled out a fitting with spring hanging out of it. Couldn't get it back in, so bought a new one. Can't get it screwed back in. (it's recessed)

Can't see it real good, but.................................is it possible the threaded part of the fitting is still in it? Like an idiot, I didn't save the old one for reference. ( I don't remember looking at it real good either. Must be getting old. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Grease Fittings #2  
Get a strong light, and maybe a magnifying glass. If the spring was visible (and you say it was) then the "threaded" end is most likely still in there. A small "easy out" might work. But since I'm not familiar enough with your particular machine, I'll remind you (if you don't already know) that those zerks come in both SAE and metric threads, and some of them are pressed in instead of screwed in. In either case, I'd have to guess you still have a piece in there that needs to come out before a new zerk goes in.

/ Grease Fittings
Thanks. Sometimes it the simple things that perplex me the most! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Grease Fittings #4  
BuddyBOTA3130,
I broke the grease fitting on the adjuster for my 3ph lift arm on my L3710. The threaded shank of the fitting was still in the hole. I used a Dremel tool and a slotted screwdriver to remove this piece. However, the threads on the fitting didn't match any of the SAE or metric thread fittings that I had in my shop. I took the piece off and took it to the Kubota dealer. After a little trial and error, they found the right fitting to replace it.
Good Luck,
Jeff

/ Grease Fittings #5  
BuddyBOTA3130

The fittings are not standard at the normal places like Wal-Mart. You will find some metric grease fittings but the fittings on a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> are a fine thread.
After I broke one off on my <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> MMM.
I bought half a dozen from the dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I haven’t broken one since. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Grease Fittings #6  
There are kits that have an assortment of different fittings along with a tool used to seat fittings that have stripped out threads or that were never threaded. Tractor Supply I belive carries the kits.

/ Grease Fittings #7  
i did not break one ,but i had trouble getting greas thro one thought i had to replace it, but did not have anything to match, cleaned it and put it back (works fine) but that did get me to thinking i better get a few that were compatible , so i took one out and off to the dealer to get some.question! WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A SIMPLE THING LIKE GREASE FITTIINGS UNIVERSAL? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Grease Fittings #8  
If in doubt as to the size,remove one of the other fitings on unit,bring it to your supplier for a match. If possible,drill the center of the broken fitting,then use appropriate EZ-out.

/ Grease Fittings #9  
Grease fittings already have a hole in them, so drilling isn't necessary. I have found that almost every time that they can be easily removed with just about anything that you have to wedge into the hole of the fitting and turn. The only time that I have experienced a problem is when they have been cross threaded and that is the cause of the failure. Button grease fittings are a little more difficult due to the size, but generally you don't find them breaking off as often either....