Any reason on not to buy a BX23?

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
A friend of the family has a 100 hour bx23 for sale, she did not mention price yet but I know its a older model is there anything I need to worry about with that model?
Thanks

IS there a older model than a bx23 like a bx22? It could be that model, any problems with either?

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #2  
I believe that the BX22 preceded the BX23. A used BX23 was my first Kubota. They are tough little buggers. If the maintenance is up to snuff and the price is good, I would go for it. If those are the true 100 hours, that tractor is hardly broken it yet. Here's a shot of my BX23 and a giant oak stump it yanked from the ground.

Attachments

• Kubota BX23 & Oak Stump.jpg
    Kubota BX23 & Oak Stump.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 271
   / Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #3  
I have a BX23...The 23 comes standard with a BH and FEL...The BX22 had only a FEL if that was even standard. not sure..

I'm not aware of any problems as I have had none in 10+ years...Just make sure all maintenance has been performed--Even with that low of hours...Did they ever use the machine?

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #4  
I have a BX23...The 23 comes standard with a BH and FEL...The BX22 had only a FEL if that was even standard. not sure.. I'm not aware of any problems as I have had none in 10+ years...Just make sure all maintenance has been performed--Even with that low of hours...Did they ever use the machine?
actually the 22 was just about the same and it came with the hoe

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #5  
My 23 has 1700
Hours runs like new 100 is new even with no maintanance its still new id buy it in a heartbeat

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #6  
actually the 22 was just about the same and it came with the hoe

Didn't know the 22 came with a standard BH..Thought that was optional...I stand corrected.

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23?
I know this one has a backhoe and its about 10 years old I should know model tommorow I will report back, So BX22 BX23 dont matter no major issues with either?

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #8  
I know this one has a backhoe and its about 10 years old I should know model tommorow I will report back, So BX22 BX23 dont matter no major issues with either?

No issues that I'm aware of..Hopefully it was kept indoors or at least covered for that period of time..Dry-rot could be a problem if not. Not an issue with the model just standard care stuff.

Edit--Check the HST fan to make sure it isn't damaged..It's on the front side of the rear diff (HST) underneath the tractor...It can get messed up if the tractor picks up a branch or something..If it has a MMM that potential issue is greatly reduced.

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #9  
I've had my BX23 since 2011. It digs, pulls, lifts, shovels, carries, spreads, levels, looks "rich" in my garage and it has never asked for a raise. It's replaced my pickup as my favorite piece of machinery.

/ Any reason on not to buy a BX23? #10  
good machine.

1. change the fluids/filters/belt
2. check/change the boots & tires
3. check/change the HST fan
4. put it to work and enjoy.