LA504 roll back angle improvement?

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement? #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
One of the very few things I'm not happy about with my B3300SU and 504 loader is the crappy roll back angle. I either have to accept excessive spillage to drive with the bucket at a proper height or drive with the bucket raised 4 or 5' to level it out and stop slillage. I also have Kubota's pin-on QA.

Any suggestions how to improve this without sacrificing any lift capacity?

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement? #2  
How are your fan skills?

Modifying pin positions or buying a new bucket are about the only way.

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement? #4  
Autocorrect..... Fab skills

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement?
That makes more sense lol. Well above average.

I'm considering either reworking the lower part of the loader frame to allow for a linkage on the bucket curl or possibly just build a complete new loader frame and reuse the stock hydraulics. If I built a complete new frame, I'd likely make it self-leveling also.

Perhaps I should have posted in the Customizing section but thought I'd try here in case someone has done something similar with the same loader

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement? #6  
I'm not very familiar with your loader but can you grind off the upper tabs and move the cylinder backs few inches?

Brett

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement? #7  
I feel the same way about the loader on my B2620.I noticed the lack of rollback immediately after coming from a Grand L with the bucket linkage.I have thought about fabbing up bucket linkage but never did.If I buy another tractor with a loader I will make sure it has the bucket linkage.

I'm not very familiar with your loader but can you grind off the upper tabs and move the cylinder backs few inches?

Brett

The way it is when the cyl is fully retracted, the bucket end is against the loader frame. I'd have to move the lower pivot out but that will compromise my lift

/ LA504 roll back angle improvement? #9  
Keep this in mind whatever you do:

With the current pin spacing between the loader frame and cylinder on the bucket, and your given cylinder stroke....you only have a given range of travel.

So whatever yo do to gain rollback, you will loose that in dump angle. Which may become an issue near full height loading a truck or something.

To get more range of travel with the given stroke length, you will loose rollback force.

Got ya on the dump angle, that's why I was considering the linkage.

Ad far as the rollback force goes, that would keeping the bucket pivot to bucket cyl mount dimension the same right?

Although I really hate the curved boom and how far it sticks the bucket out front of the NH and Case loaders, I'm pondering finding one of them with the same capacities as mine and copying the linkage geometry....assuming I like the dump and rollback angles of it