I have to move her outside... :(

/ I have to move her outside... :( #1  

Scrounger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
Well the kid has a car now and I need to move the BX out of the garage. She has been under cover since I bought her. I use the BX with a rear blade and FEL for snow duty so I plan to put her at the end of the drive. If she has to be outside, should I and how should I cover her with a tarp. Just the seat and engine are or try to put a huge tarp over the canopy even. I just dont what her to age before her time. For a 8 yo she is still beautiful to me. Thanks guys.

/ I have to move her outside... :( #3  
Scraping windows of ice and shoveling snow builds character.... keep the tractor indoors. ;)

/ I have to move her outside... :( #4  
Cars have a roof and are made to be outside. The kid will survive, put remote start in the car if you have to but keep the tractor inside. The car will depreciate much faster than the tractor and not last as long. Kids go through cars quickly.

/ I have to move her outside... :( #5  
tractor is probably worth more than the car and will be for a long time like mentioned. That being said mine stays outside from time to time, it is after all a tractor and it will live

/ I have to move her outside... :( #6  
The tractor will be okay, but tires will take a beating, paint will fade, and hydraulic hoses will age fast, all due to the sun.

/ I have to move her outside... :( #7  
My Kubota (B2620) and my Case 448 stay outdoors most of the time. Sometimes they are parked under the Cedar trees, but always they are covered with at least one tarp. In the winter I cover both of them with two tarps,....one heavy canvas tarp goes underneath and a nylon tarp over that. It is a PITA to get them on and tied down, but they aren't used that much in the winter. Contrary to some critics, I don't have an issue with rust and condensation as some do report. I'd like to have a shed/pole barn......but don't. The Case is over thirty years old, still has the OE rear tires and the paint is good except where I've worn it off.
Cheers,
Mike

/ I have to move her outside... :( #8  
My Kubota L3560 and RTV500 stay in the humidity controlled garage. The Subaru and Ford live in the driveway.

/ I have to move her outside... :( #9  
I agree with car outside tractor inside haha. Tractor will hold value longer. Or maybe pick of a carport for 1500 bucks and make walls for it.

/ I have to move her outside... :( #10  
Car outside, tractor inside!
But if you do keep the tractor outside- use a tarp to cover all of it- over the rops. But don't have the tarp reach the ground. You want it to breathe and have air flow- prevents rust. Bungee cords are useful. Shelterlogic is an alternative. I have this one for my tractor and it sheds snow very well.
Garage-in-a-Box SUV/Truck:ShelterLogic