warm up time

/ warm up time #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
hey guys,
How long should I be letting my bx2230 warm up before working her? I have my tractor in a 40* garage moving it out into 7* weather to move snow. How long should I let it run before going to work??

Thanks

/ warm up time #2  
Similar situation, just a bigger tractor. I run mine for at least 10 minutes, before I put it to work. I like to see the temp gauge register some warmth. I then make a run down to the mailbox, (1000 ft) and back before putting the beast to work. That gives the transmission and hydraulics a chance to get warmed up.

The hydraulics were a little slow this AM, with the temp at 5 above. I spent an hour pushing the snow drifts back with the FEL.

/ warm up time
JJt,
Thanks for the post. I am letting mine warm up for 5 minutes or so, but I will stretch it out a bit. It's my first tractor so I don't want to screw it up /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Sounds like your weather is similar to ours here in Mich.

/ warm up time #4  
Astor:

I let mine warm up for 15 minutes if the temp is below 20 degrees or so. If it is below zero, I fire up the salamander and diret it at the engine and HST for 20 minutes and then I warm it up running for 15 minutes. With the use of synthetic oil I have noticed it fires up and runs quieter. Something to think about!

/ warm up time #5  
My manual says;

above 32 = warm at least 5 minutes
32F to 14F = 5-10 minutes
14F to -4F = 10-15 minutes
below -4F = more then 15 minutes

and it runs on kimche, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ warm up time #6  
I wish mine ran on Kimchee, I would have an unlimited supply around here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ warm up time #7  
Till the coolant temp guage begins to move. J

/ warm up time #8  
mine sits an unheated garage, so when the temp is down close to 0 deg i start it let it run for 10 min. then cycle all the hydraulics a few times then let it run for another 5 or 10 min. now if it warmer say 25 or 30 10 min or so should do the trick.

/ warm up time #9  
DO NOT FORGET TO LET IT RUN AWHILE BEFORE SHUT DOWN

/ warm up time #10  
I always let mine run at least five, shoot for ten minutes (get impatient to get going), and the temp here rarely gets below 50 during the daytime. Do the same during the summer, but don't try for the ten minute warmup then - but I don't put it under full load until it has run for at least ten or 15 minutes, regardless.