BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Will came down yesterday to pick up plow. Used the BX25D to get it out of my storage building the plow was behind a 4' high stack of 3'x3' carpet squares. I lifted it with a tie down strap and got it out. Let it hang in front so Will would be sure he was at the right location. He did OK for a Pittsburg guy. He, Gary Cromer and I loaded it in his truck, talked a bit and he took off to Barlows.

2 problems. My BX25D rolls on a bit when I let off the go pedal which no other Kubota ones with HST have done previously and I've had a few to compare to. When I press brake it doesn't stop.......brake isn't there...they moved to wrong (left) side. Never used brakes other than to lock when getting off before. Didn't have to since letting off pedal stopped it. Now for close work like lifting a plow hanging off the front bucket into someones truck I needed precise control. Had to keep left foot on brake and right foot on go pedal. Didn't like.

Does your BX25D stop immediately after pedal released or keep rolling a bit?

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #2  
My B3200 will roll a little if it's on a slope. And I agree with you on the pedal arrangements, kind of awkward to use the brakes as they are on the same side as the hydro pedal.

I got into a bit of a disagreement with my salesman when I bought the unit, after we had it a couple weeks I discovered that the latch that locks the brake pedal (parking brake) wouldn't lock. Basically he told me 'you don't need a parking brake on a HST tractor'. Are you sure about that? I kinda like to make sure a tractor won't move if I have to get off and get in front/behind/under it for some reason. He was no longer employed there shortly afterwards, and I fixed the latch myself.

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left
My B3200 will roll a little if it's on a slope. And I agree with you on the pedal arrangements, kind of awkward to use the brakes as they are on the same side as the hydro pedal.
Nope, I liked the brake on the right side with the hydro pedal but that's what I've gotten used to. I'll eventually adapt to the brake on left side and the lock for the brake on the new BX25D is a small pedal on the floor instead of the lever on the dash. Another getting used to deal which I'll like better once I adapt.
I got into a bit of a disagreement with my salesman when I bought the unit, after we had it a couple weeks I discovered that the latch that locks the brake pedal (parking brake) wouldn't lock. Basically he told me 'you don't need a parking brake on a HST tractor'. Are you sure about that? I kinda like to make sure a tractor won't move if I have to get off and get in front/behind/under it for some reason. He was no longer employed there shortly afterwards, and I fixed the latch myself.

My BX25D does a slight continuing forward on level ground when I let off, not going down hill.
BX25D owners, where are you? Does your BX25D stop immediately with pedal release or go a slight bit?

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #4  
Every hydro tractor I have owned (3) has stopped immediately when you let off of the pedal. In fact most will throw you through the "windshield" if you jerk your foot off the the pedal immediately. Sure they will "drift" if pointed downhill as the pressure bleeds off. But even downhill my Kioti will come to a complete stop when you let off of the pedal. As for needing a parking brake, You bet you need a parking brake. When the pressure bleeds down, your tractor will take off eventually downhill all by itself. I have never operated a BX25D, but I don't see any reason it should not operate the same. In fact I seem to remember that some of the BX's seemed to have a rather harsh stop when you removed your foot from the pedal and this was considered a negative feature.

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #5  
My BX25D does a slight continuing forward on level ground when I let off, not going down hill.
Sounds like it may need some adjustment in the linkage or valve? Like the pedal isn't centered.

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #6  
Sounds like it may need some adjustment in the linkage or valve? Like the pedal isn't centered.

ditto-- you may need to give the locknut a couple clockwise turns that is under the tractor near the HST. Follow the hst pedal linkage to the rear and move it back and forth till you see the vertical spring above the locknut I mentioned.

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #7  
Wasn't there another thread about this recently? Sure sticks in the back of my head... Seem to remember hearing that the newer BX models are a little different than before.

Still seeking input from BX25D owners. Where are you?

Every hydro tractor I have owned (3) has stopped immediately when you let off of the pedal. In fact most will throw you through the "windshield" if you jerk your foot off the the pedal immediately. Sure they will "drift" if pointed downhill as the pressure bleeds off. But even downhill my Kioti will come to a complete stop when you let off of the pedal. As for needing a parking brake, You bet you need a parking brake. When the pressure bleeds down, your tractor will take off eventually downhill all by itself. I have never operated a BX25D, but I don't see any reason it should not operate the same. In fact I seem to remember that some of the BX's (Owned one the BX2350 and got rid of it pretty quick and it was the only one of 16 different HSTs that I've owned, all Kubotas, that did this. My RTV1140 will if I don't ease off of the pedal Bseemed to have a rather harsh stop when you removed your foot from the pedal and this was considered a negative feature. It was a negative factor to me and I got rid of it and got some compensation for doing so

There have been slight differences between each Kubota I've owned with some aspects being a part of the year and the model. That's why I was asking for BX25 owners to respond. I want to know how their BX25D responds.

/ BX25D rolls some after letting off? No ....to brake on left #10  
My 2014 BX25D has a little roll to it also. My MX5100 does not, it stops and sits still, where as the BX25D will just edge forward a wee little bit, more so with so weight on it. Bumped the garden gate the first time because I was not expecting it. Now I am used to it and don't really notice it much but it did take a little getting used to.