B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions

/ B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
I am hoping to take delivery of my B2650 cab tractor in the next week or two. I ordered the tractor with loader, third function, loader mounted snowplow, quick hitch, front mount snow blower and 2 rear remotes. The blower is coming with hydraulic chute rotation, but I opted to fabricate my own hydraulic deflector using the cylinder from my BX2750D on my B2320. Seeing as it is snow season I will have to get to building as soon as the tractor is delivered. I am going to start gathering up some hose and fittings to do this project so that I have them on hand once the tractor arrives. I have a few questions that I hope others who own B50 series tractors can answer.

1. I am planning on running the hydraulic chute rotation off the third function. I am doing this to avoid the problems others have had controlling the motor due to the loader dump/curl circuit being regenerative. Where are the quick disconnects for the third function when the loader if removed? Are the located near enough to the loader valve quick disconnects that I will be able to move the hoses over to the third function, or do I need to plan on making some jumper hoses?

2. How much flow is there through the third function circuit? Will I want to add a restriction to slow down rotation of the chute?

3. Are the hydraulic quick disconnects on the B2650 the same 3/8 ag style couplers as on my B2320? I imagine they are, but don't want to order the wrong style. ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Disconnects

Thanks for the help!

/ B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions #2  
The front mount blower( B2782B) on the front of my B2650HSDC has hydraulic rotate and deflector. The hydraulics for the curl/roll function are routed through an electrically controled deviator (I think that's the right term). Depending on the position of the switch on the loader valve 'stick' the flow is directed to either the chute rotation hydraulic motor or to the deflector cylinder operating the deflector. I do not believe there is any flow restriction due to the deviator but am not 100% sure and the rotate function is not excessively rapid.

Hope this helps and enjoy your new aquisition when it arrives.

Last edited:
   / B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions #3  
Kanook....so what you're saying is the factory third function isn't like a full size backhoe or loader, where the switch on the joystick controls your third function....it is only a diverter and you still use the joystick?

/ B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions #4  
Kanook....so what you're saying is the factory third function isn't like a full size backhoe or loader, where the switch on the joystick controls your third function....it is only a diverter and you still use the joystick?

Yes...the fel joystick has a switch which chooses which path (rotate chute or deflector angle) that the hydraulic fluid will take....Mind you this setup is specific to the snowblower. The diverter (or deviator as the manual calls it) is mounted on the blower and is fed by the curl/roll lines.

/ B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions
Does anyone have a Kubota third function on their tractors? I have ordered mine with this for use with the loader, but also in hopes of using it for control of one of my snow blower functions. I did not buy the Kubota OEM chute deflector because is was quite expensive and seemed to duplicate the third function by uses of a diverter valve on the roll/curl function. I have a cylinder I uses on my BX2750D to make hydraulic chute deflector that I was planning on transferring over to the new machine. From what I can see online, the third function is controlled by a set of buttons under the joystick knob. I presume that the lines must disconnect somewhere near the quick disconnects for the loader to enable loader removal. Anyone got any info to back this up?

/ B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions #6  
You will retain all loader functions and the valve assembly stays permanent on the tractor

image-1966319877.jpg

/ B2650 Cab Snow Blower Questions #7  
I went this route and built a 12 volt chute deflector this allowed me to keep the 3rd function For my hydro top link

image-3493211900.jpg