Radio for Cab Tractor

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
I am getting pretty antsy waiting for my new B2650HSDC tractor to be delivered. I am trying to get all the parts I need to start customizing it as soon as it arrives. Today I started looking for a radio for the tractor. I am not intending to start the whole radio vs. work tune/headphones debate. My dad won't wear head phones and wants radio in the tractor for when he has to snow blow my accounts for me if I get stuck at work and is paying for the radio, so needless to say, the tractor is getting a radio. I have a few questions about installation of radios into the Kubota cab and was hoping to gather others input before i purchase a radio to install in mine.

1. My dealer tells me that the cab is all wired for a radio and the dealer if giving me the adapter plug to mate my radio to the tractor harness. I presume that any single din radio will work? From my recollection, there was a single din opening with a trim plate covering it. I should be able to remove the trim plate and install my radio case, slide the radio in and install the trim plate supplied with the radio? Anyone been there done that on this series of tractor yet?
2. Do those with radios in there cab find that a reasonable priced car stereo is durable enough? I see there are some marine radios that are more resistant to shock, dust, and vibration. There are also heavy duty radios made for trucks and heavy equipment. I don't want to spend more than I need to but I don't want to buy something that won't work either.

Thanks in advance!

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #3  
I have had a regular car radio in mine for the past year and a half, and I use chains in the winter that shake the tractor like a paint mixer. Still works fine. Alpine I think. Nothing fancy, just basic good radio.

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #4  
On my B3350, which has the same cab as yours, I installed a Sony w/ bluetooth. I added a toggle switch above the radio to allow the radio to play when the tractor key switch is off - so there's two positions, Radio goes on and off with key switch and radio stays on unless toggle is flipped back to position one.

I replaced rear cab speakers with better ones - made a dramatic difference in audio quality. Note that it is necessary to remove roof to do this, as Kubota kindly uses plain old nuts on those speaker screws and they will fall off and down if you try to unscrew them without back access.

There should be more on my install in the B3350 & B2560 hints thread. Unfortunately all my pictures got "wiped" and the links to them don't work. There still on Photobucket but you'll have to look through the album at: Kubota Tractor Photos by bumperm | Photobucket

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #5  
I know how exciting it is to get a new tractor. I would advise you to get the tractor, use it, then see what goodies you really need. I had to remove the headliner in the cab of my B3030 in order to connect the rear work lights. Here's a shot of what you got to look forward to.
Good luck with the new machine.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Headliner.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Headliner.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 832
   / Radio for Cab Tractor #6  
You won't need to remove the roof (easier on the 2650 and 3350 than removing headliner) to install rear worklights, as the 50 series comes with wiring and plugs already installed to the rear. The wiring harness is also complete at the panel, though the plug for the optional switch is taped up high to the harness and you will thus need to remove the upper panel trim to undo the tape and retrieve the plug (dang their hides!). I wouldn't opt for the rear work lights, as there's much better and cheaper LED lighting available on eBay. You will need their optional switch to do it right, and I did not find a source for the plugs to fit the the work light wiring plugs provided. One could lop off their plugs and just use a more common in-line plug, or (what I did), just made the male spade from sheet copper and soldered the LED light wiring to that - - yeah, I'm ****.

For more info see thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...350-info-hints.html?highlight=B2650+and+B3350

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #7  
Any one have the wire diagram the radio plug on a b2650

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #8  
Any one have the wire diagram the radio plug on a b2650
Radio harnesses for Kubota Farm Tractors if you want to buy one.

I'm pretty sure all Kubotas are the same for radio wiring... http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/207606-radio-install-kubota-rtv1100.html the colors on my cheap plug from All Electronics were different than other places I found a over a year ago (probably including that link). So I had to re-map my plug, but the Kubota side should be the same.

/ Radio for Cab Tractor #9  
Oh come on guys.
Go to the local auto recycle yard and $50. or so will get U a nice radio.
All they need is +12 volts and a speaker or 2.
Any car radio is designed to handle the shocks, vibrations that a tractor will generate. Hey, blue tooth and CD's are all built in.
Even WallyMart has a decent selection.