The WORST Backhoe Job...Again...

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #1  

Deano

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Four years ago my black lab "Shadow Pup" passed away and my Bota had a job to do.
Today, it was my wife's yellow lab "Daisy Girl's" time to pass on. My Bota answered that job again...
WORST job, but I'm glad I have a backhoe.
This was both of them at the Atlantic Ocean 7 years ago...

Attachments

• Shadow and Daisy.JPG
    Shadow and Daisy.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 228
   / The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #2  
Sorry hear of your loss. Saying goodbye to man's best fried is always hard to do.

A backhoe is handy, had to bury a cow that died today. A little larger hole but you don't shed the tears digging for a cow like you do a dog. Those were two good looking dogs and I bet they had a great life with you and your wife.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #3  
I feel for you, as I know how hard the job is to physically say bye to a good friend.

You can't ask for a better friend as dogs see you thru the good & bad events. All they ask for is a good home.

I had to do the same with my fella a golden retriever. Was a good friend and working partner in the woods of northern BC.

Enjoy the memories - they were good looking dogs.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #4  
Sorry for your loss. Never easy but cherish the memories and the unconditional love given.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #5  
Sorry for your loss, now that the worst job is done look to your local shelter as there are many good dogs looking for a home. You will know which one to get as I'm sure the right dog will choose you. My current Lab Hound chose me, truly we together saved her from Parvovirus my vet would have bet she wouldn't survive but has and several other incidences in the eight years she has been with me. Best to you and your wife in your time of grief.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again...
Sorry for your loss, now that the worst job is done look to your local shelter as there are many good dogs looking for a home. You will know which one to get as I'm sure the right dog will choose you. My current Lab Hound chose me, truly we together saved her from Parvovirus my vet would have bet she wouldn't survive but has and several other incidences in the eight years she has been with me. Best to you and your wife in your time of grief.

Duwop,

Hope you come back and read this. Daisy was a rescue. She was 5 years old and had heartworm and lymes disease when we rescued her. She was treated for both and even though she ALWAYS tested positive for lymes over the next 7.5 years, she never showed signs. She had a great life as we try to give all of our animals. We have Dakota, a chocolate lab who was rescued (emaciated when we got him at 2 years old he is now 6 years old) and Pebbles a mixed breed that we found at the shelter who was abandoned. We own 2 Percheron draft horses and give our animals good lives. It is the least they deserve!! Thank you all who have posted.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #7  
Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times and the sting of the loss will pass. When I was thinking about getting Journey my yellow lab, I almost said no just because I know the pain. Now I am so glad to have her and enjoy her company everyday

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again...
Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times and the sting of the loss will pass. When I was thinking about getting Journey my yellow lab, I almost said no just because I know the pain. Now I am so glad to have her and enjoy her company everyday

Jeff,

Thank you, and as I ALWAYS say, "The joy animals bring to our life far outweighs the pain in their passing." and I truly believe that.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #9  
When our last dog died, my wife, kids, and I all took part in the burial. A basset doesn't take a huge hole. I dug the hole, put her in, then everybody took turns filling it back in. It was tough, but good family time.

Deepest sympathies in your loss.

/ The WORST Backhoe Job...Again... #10  
I feel your pain, brother. I had to bury my dog also last year. It's the worse part of owning a pet. Time will ease the loss.

Attachments

• Kandie Sophia EM.JPG
    Kandie Sophia EM.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 88