BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer??

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #1  

Newfiestang50

Bronze Member
Does anyone know if a BX25 can fit in a 6x10 dump trailer. Some say it will with the backhoe turned and FEL hung out over the rear tailgate. I am buying a dump trailer but don't really want a 12 ft'er if I can get away with a 10. Any help would be great.

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #2  
I just went through this, purchased a new dump trailer and new BX25. I thought I wanted a 12' dump but went with a 14, absolutely glad I did. Even with the 14', there's not much room after closing the rear gate. I have no doubt that the BX25 with BH can go in the 10' trailer, however I believe the issue is that there is no room for movement to get the proper weight distribution and you'll end up with a load that rear-biased which can be dangerous.

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #4  
Not a dump and not a bx25 but similar sized tractor in a 10 foot trailer

with so much wieght hanging off the back I drive up as far forward as possible

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #5  
A BX25 weighs close to 3k lbs. I would never put it on a tiny single axle trailer, and seeing the pic 2 posts above with it on a 10' dump trailer, I think the OP would be sorry in the long run trying to squeeze it on a 10' dump trailer. A 12' or preferably 14' is best keeping everything inside and room to move and balance. Here are some pics of me bring my BX home in December on a 14' trailer. I had a LandPride grapple on the Kubota and the bucket loaded separately behind it (took up no length as it was under the BH. The grapple was within a few inches from the front of the trailer. Good luck...

D33dOO.jpg

m55NM9.jpg

wLewGc.jpg

yU7mGY.jpg

Last edited:
   / BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #6  
omg my trailer doesn't have brakes either ! everyone's gonna die !!!!

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #7  

It looks like you need one of those roadside education class's that law enforcement offers.$$$$$$$$$$

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #8  

That is pretty scary especially with no brakes. I have a hard time believing that trailer is even rated for the load. I would change your set up if that goes off your property. Just my :2cents:

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #9  
That is pretty scary especially with no brakes. I have a hard time believing that trailer is even rated for the load. I would change your set up if that goes off your property. Just my :2cents:
Looks like a 2000# axle under it with tires that are rated for 1800# (if that)...

Aaron Z

/ BX 25 in 10ft dump trailer?? #10  
Hope the input so far has helped you make the decision to NOT do a 10' trailer. Weight, distribution, safety, convenience, adaptability, etc. I'd suggest the 14' dual axle if you can afford it. I have a 12' dual axle and a 16' dual axle myself. I'll use my new with brakes that I don't have hooked up 16' to move my tractors and the 12" for rock, dirt, gravel, lumber, loaning to family.:)