B7510 HSD stalling out

/ B7510 HSD stalling out #1  

beoconnor

I have a B7510 HSD that is stalling out at high rpm. I can see the fuel filter canister empty out and refill slowly when I idle down. It doesn't happen all the time. I changed fuel filter, drained fuel and added new fuel from a high volume station, blew out fuel lines with air and even shoved a shop vac down the tank while blowing air through the line in case this was all do to debris in the tank. No such luck. Is my next option to change the fuel pump? Cant get an appointment for it for 3 weeks and unfortunately the snow doesnt care.

/ B7510 HSD stalling out #2  
I have a B7510 HSD that is stalling out at high rpm. I can see the fuel filter canister empty out and refill slowly when I idle down. It doesn't happen all the time. I changed fuel filter, drained fuel and added new fuel from a high volume station, blew out fuel lines with air and even shoved a shop vac down the tank while blowing air through the line in case this was all do to debris in the tank. No such luck. Is my next option to change the fuel pump? Cant get an appointment for it for 3 weeks and unfortunately the snow doesnt care.

Does this model have a vented fuel cap? If so it could be clogged and creating the problem.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ B7510 HSD stalling out #3  
The fact that you can see the bowl (if I read your description correctly) re-filling when you idle down means slow delivery from the tank. I second rbarker on the fuel cap. I don't own a B7510 but I don't think you have a fuel pump before the filter bowl. You don't mention what area you live but I had a similar problem several years ago due to ice in the fuel line (from condensation) that was restricting flow of fuel.

/ B7510 HSD stalling out #4  
You could have junk in the tank from cans being used to transport. Sometimes we have even been able to see it from the tank fill neck.

/ B7510 HSD stalling out
Thanks for the responses. I am not sure if the cap is vented or not. It is part number 6a100-54910. The fuel pump is after the filter. Disconnected the fuel line from the filter and ran 10+gal through the line. It is free flowing for sure with no cap on the tank. I will try with the cap on and see what happens. There is no mention of a vent on the tank. I use plastic tanks for refilling purposes and put the fuel I used for a flush through a screen. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I do live in Maine, but this started prior to cold weather. Hopefully the fuel cap recommendation works.

Last edited:
   / B7510 HSD stalling out #6  
Could it possibly be a bad fuel line?

If cracked or pinhole, it might be sucking air at high rpm.

Are you getting black smoke? Definafely think it's a fuel delivery issue.

/ B7510 HSD stalling out #7  
I recall reading in a thread somewhere that spiders will build a nest inside the fuel cap and cause the tank to draw a vacuum. Try leaving the cap loose to see if it makes any difference.

/ B7510 HSD stalling out #8  
Is my next option to change the fuel pump?

If all the fuel lines from the pump to the injection pump are good, i would say yes.