Top link of 3 point movement

/ Top link of 3 point movement #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I have allot of ice on my driveway, so I put my boxblade on and put the scarfiers down. I had the BB adjust so it was level with the ground and the scarfiers would rip up the ice. After doing a little ripping, I noticed the BB was angled a pretty good bit. I looked at the top link of the 3 point and it was screwed just about the whole way in. I unscrewed it a good bit to level off the BB, but after a little more ripping, it was just about screwed the whole way back in. We are talking a good inch and a half to 2 inch movement. Why would that do that? It can't be from vibrations. That is allot of movement.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #2  
It has to be vibration. Sounds like you have just invented the impact wrench!

/ Top link of 3 point movement #3  
One of my top links has a lock nut on it. If I don't use it it will unscrew itself. But only from the implement end.

/ Top link of 3 point movement
I thought that, but I wouldn't think it would move that much thought. It almost seems like it is stripped on the inside, but when I screw it back out, the threads look fine. I have one lock on one side of the link. I am going to see if that helps or not.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #5  
Use the locknut and it will help. And doesn't have to be real tight.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #6  
Ditto getting one with a jamnut. While I dont have an issue with the toplink, I did have a sidelink that would always unscrew unless I used the jamnut.

One of my top links has a lock nut on it. If I don't use it it will unscrew itself. But only from the implement end.

Could you explain how that is possible?

/ Top link of 3 point movement #7  
Ditto getting one with a jamnut. While I dont have an issue with the toplink, I did have a sidelink that would always unscrew unless I used the jamnut.

Could you explain how that is possible?

/ Top link of 3 point movement #8  
Now that I think about it, no

/ Top link of 3 point movement #10  
I'm at work so without looking at it this is what happens. The turnbuckle nut turns toward the tractor nth reading it's self from the implement side. It tightens it's self toward the tractor. Which shouldn't change the angle of the implement but does make the top link look messed up. So tighten the jam nut and everything's cool.