Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #1  

liteship

Tractor
Kubota B3350
I am new to this forum. I bought a 2014 Kubota B3350 tractor in May, 2014. As of this date, I have under 50 hours on this tractor, and the dealer has had it for a significant amount of time for repair. Over this nine month period the regeneration need has signaled 4 different times, each time failing. Since this tractor requires successful regeneration in order to effectively operate, I now have to consider it a lemon. Each time regeneration failed cautionary lights illuminated requiring that I turn the tractor off and park it. The last and least convenient time was when I was trying to snow blow in the middle of a February blizzard. Each time it ended up going back to the dealer for reprogramming and repair. Since there is no solution in sight for this ongoing problem, I am now talking to the dealership for remediation. Again, I am new to this forum and would appreciate learning if others of you are having similar problems?

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #2  
There have been a few complaints about this -- if you do a search here, you will find a couple other people who have had problems with the B3350. We don't seem to hear of many problems on Kubota's other Tier 4 Final tractors though. I wonder if there were design issues with early B3350 models?

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #3  
Certainly doesn't sound right. Keep us in the loop on what the dealer does for you. My new 3301 with tier iv just got delivered yesterday.

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #4  
Liteship, look up my replies, entrys. I've had similar issues. The dealer replaced the regen igniter( wrong name) and things are working better. Just had my first auto regen while I was snow blowing. My tractor was working hard ( warmed up and loaded) during my snow blowing ( I have rear pto hydraulic pump and front hydraulic blower.) With the auto regen button on, the regen light came on, I kept the rpm constant and 15 minutes later the light went off. First time in 44 hours. When I cut my grass the tractor doesn't work very hard or very long( 20 minutes with pick up vacuum) ( I over bought but wanted a cab).

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #5  
You know, its a shame when you hear these stories,
Kubota better get their act together soon, or some folks will be changing colors when thinking on purchasing a new machine, I know I would certainly give it some serious thought.
Dealers shouldn't sell these machines if they know there's a recall or fix for them.

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #6  
You know, its a shame when you hear these stories, Kubota better get their act together soon, or some folks will be changing colors when thinking on purchasing a new machine, I know I would certainly give it some serious thought. Dealers shouldn't sell these machines if they know there's a recall or fix for them.
you are NOT making me want to upgrade my '08 2920!

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #7  
you are NOT making me want to upgrade my '08 2920!

Go with a 2650 -- great upgrade and no risks!

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #8  
My dealer has sold a few of these units and taken them all back. Customers are opting to go with the B2650 instead. There are numerous problems with the regeneration on the 3350.

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #9  
Go with a 2650 -- great upgrade and no risks!
Don't know how much of an upgrade this is; confused

Trading 21pto hp for 19ptp hp?

/ Kubota B3350 tractor regeneration problems #10  
Don't know how much of an upgrade this is; confused

Trading 21pto hp for 19ptp hp?

Actually...the 2650 as you indicate is rated at 19.5 pto/hp. The 3350 is rated at 27 pto/hp.

I have the 2650 version for a little over a year now and am totally satisfied up to now...I think that some of the reasons for regen problems can be attributed to the 3350 being unable to generate sufficient heat in cold weather while snow blowing to successfully complete the regen. I seldom can get my temp gauge to indicate 2 bars working hard in winter with a grain bag covering the grill to block snow blow back from getting sucked into the air filter and presumably letting the engine run a little hotter.

I bought the B2650HSDC instead of the B3350HSDC primarily because of the DPFon the 3350 ($5k price diff also played a part). I have run into a couple of instances while blowing snow with the out front blower where a few more PTO HP would have been nice but backing off on the go pedal sufficed.