Can I add 55w lights to the harness?

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #1  

Brimfield

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3800
I just put on a 66" 3 pt PTO snow blower and I want rear lights for night. I found a good 14v power from the parking lights but I wonder if that would be blowing fuses?

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #3  
I just put on a 66" 3 pt PTO snow blower and I want rear lights for night. I found a good 14v power from the parking lights but I wonder if that would be blowing fuses?

Maybe use that to power the relay and power the light directly from the battery. That's how I did it on my car.

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #4  
LED is the only way to go. You will pull MUCH lower apms for the same if not better lumens. Only down side with LED is they do not get hot and if blowing snow cakes on them the snow will STAY and limit the amount of light they throw.

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #5  
LED all the way! Never had an issue with snow or ice sticking, although they do not get hot, or even warmish in the winter. I have a pair of 27W floods to the rear, one 27W flood and one 27W spot to the front, and have no issues with seeing what I am doing. Considering I plow at maybe 5-6mph, lighting is the least of my problems.

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #6  
As stated :forget the halogens and get LED's,only way to go,for less power draw and more light.

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #7  

Is there some reason you don't want to use the work light circuit? The connector is already in the rear left fender. It ties to a 10A fuse in the panel, and is switched on with key. Go with LEDs for sure, you will get a whole lot more light for the amperage. I run two bright LEDs and together they use less than 3 amps. Your single 55W light (presumably halogen) would use up almost 5 amps by itself.

/ Can I add 55w lights to the harness? #9  
Not sure what kinda alternator your larger tractor has. My B3200 only has a 16 amp Alternator (approx 200 watts) so with two 55 watts and the two factory 30 watt head lamps and the 15?watt running lights not much if any left over for charging the battery. (I am sure you have more amps avail) Go with LEDs or I cheaped out and went with a single 30 watt work lamp for $10. I also found a wire wrapped up at the back of my B3200 which I used to connect the lamp via a switch.