BX-22 ROPS Problem....

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I have had a problem with my ROPS. After the first time that I pulled the pins on the ROPS to lower it, I have never been able to get the pin back into the holes all the way without having to push them with something other than my hand. I have backed the anti rattle knobs off to the point that they are just about ready to fall off. I have also pulled the cotter pin and adjusted the bolt that the ROPS pivots on so it will move easier. I have to bang on the top half with my hand to fully extend the ROPS just to get the pin started. It will not go completely through without forcing it. The inner and outer holes are off by about 1/16" is my guess. Does anyone else have this problem? I hadn't noticed this problem until recently when I lowered the ROPS for the first time to put the tractor into the garage with the lower door. Before that, I had never put the ROPS down. Getting the pins out is also a problem. Bang on the ROPS with one hand and pull the pins with the other...

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #2  
Hi,
Same problem here, but I have found a little lubricant on the hinge mechanism helps a lot. Also when you raise the ROPS into upright position,be sure to slam it hard into position.This will ensure the pins will line up correctly.When I say slam,I mean with reasonable force,the main thing is that you don't gently put it into the upright position.

Greg

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #3  
You want the ROPS to move hard per the manual. It should not just fall down without pins. Also I found that when I try to put the pin in, I need to move the ROPS back and fourth a little with my left hand. Makes putting the pin in easier. Also I know sometimes I need to hit the pins with my palm to get them in install all the way. Maybe a hole alignment issue or maybe a ber inside the pin holes? No clue, just know what works.

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem....
It isn't loose enough to fall down, but originally it was so tight that it didn't want to move at all without having to muscle it into place. Even now, it isn't loose enough to move easily.

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #5  
Junkman , I own a different model . But mine was kind of hard to put back up at times . Turns out there were some rubber plugs in the Rops tubes (dust and moisture plugs ?? )
two of them weren't seated correctly . John

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #6  
I don’t have a problem getting the bolts in on my 7800, but one of them is always stuck solid, when I try to remove them (have to drop the ROPS to get the tractor in the barn). I posted about this a while back.

Today, I tried something different. I screwed the bolts in only as far as necessary to see the cotter pin holes on the other side. This leaves a little bit of play on the head side of the bolts, and the pins keep them from coming out. When I was done plowing, both bolts came out easily. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #7  
I always have to make sure I pull the ROPS to the full up position, usually stand on the tractor and pull it towards me. Once it's all the way up, the bolts slip through (or come out) very easily?

Maybe it's because the first time I tried to put my BX in the garage, I didn't put the ROPS down and gave it a good knock? Since then, it has cooperated well? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #8  
Similar situation here on my BX23. The pin on the right side slips right in and out. On the left side I have to give the ROPS a good shove to get the holes lined up in order to get the pin out, and also to get it back in.

I have to lower my ROPS every time I put it in the barn.

/ BX-22 ROPS Problem.... #9  
Mike - where did you find the photo under your name? It was posted on the BCM Ducati website severeal months ago.