Position Control

/ Position Control #1  

pap71

Silver Member
Tractor
BX 2360 G1900
What is position control? What is it used for?:confused:

/ Position Control #2  
position control is in the up-down lever for the three point hitch if the tractor has it. It merely means that the three point lift arms will return to the same position each time that the up-down lever is returned to position. You can set a stop for your lever and the arms will return to the same height each time the lever is placed at the stop.

/ Position Control
Thanks for the replies and the link. Than cleared things up for me.

/ Position Control #5  
Mine doesn't have it and I run a box blade like a champ! So all this hype about it...... I don't understand the big deal? You can adjust the 3point lever stops to control it to about any speed you want

/ Position Control #6  
What is position control? What is it used for?:confused:

All three point hitches have a type of control called "position control". It really ought to be called "manual position control". It simply means that there is a hand lever that controls the up and down position of the three point hitch and hence the height of the implement relative to the ground. For example, you can be pulling a plow and by adjusting the position control lever you have manual control of how deep the plow will run.

So you always have position control and it is always active. But some tractors also have an additonal type of three point control called "draft control". Draft control is an automatic position control. It does this by sensing the resistance of the ground and will automatically vary the depth that the implement is working so as to keep the pull the same. So it senses the resistance and adjust the "draft" or depth by changing the position of the implement automatically. And that means that the rear tires are constantly working at the same traction against the ground......not wasting power and not spinning a tire. But the downside is that the plow isn't always at a constant depth. If your tractor has this feature it will also have a control to enable you to turn the draft control on or off. Be sure you know where it is; sometimes you don't want draft control added to the normal position control.
luck, rScotty